Doxolin M Tablet
Doxolin M Tablet Description
Doxolin M Tablet contains a combination of Doxofylline and Montelukast. They belong to the class of anti-asthmatic medicine. Asthma is a condition that makes breathing difficult and triggers coughing
, whistling sound while breathing and shortness of breath. It is used to treat bronchial asthma in adults. It works by widening the narrowed airway tract of the lungs and helps relieve the symptoms. It should be used in children above 15 years of age and adults. Your doctor should be informed if you have any medical conditions like liver, kidney or heart disease; on any medications, supplements or herbal preparations and have an active lifestyle of smoking, alcohol or caffeine consumption. If you experience any undesired symptoms while taking this medicine, then inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹11.74 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Doxofylline(400.0 Mg) + Montelukast(10.0 Mg)|
Uses of Doxolin M Tablet
Contraindications of Doxolin M Tablet
- If you are allergic to Doxofylline or Montelukast or any other component of Doxolin M Tablet.
- If you have any heart problems like heart attack, blockage of heart vessels, low blood pressure.
- If you are a breastfeeding woman.
Side effects of Doxolin M Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, indigestion
- Dizziness, sleepiness
- Fever, weakness
- Cough, sneezing, runny nose
- Skin rash, itching, swelling
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
- Altered mood, nervousness, agitation or irritation, fits (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Doxolin M Tablet
Other General Warnings
- Your asthma or your condition gets worse.
- You have any liver or kidney-related disease.
- You have problems with your lungs like COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- You have a stomach ulcer, an overactive thyroid gland producing too much thyroid hormone (hyperthyroidism).
- You have low levels of oxygen in your blood.
- You develop symptoms like cough, runny nose, sneezing, pins and needles or numbness of arms or legs, worsening of symptoms, and/or rash.
- You have a history of fits and are taking medicines for the same.
- You have a history of behaviour, mood disorder or frequent mood instability.
- You have or had any heart-related conditions like irregular heartbeat, chest pain due to heart disease, high blood pressure, heart failure.
- Do not use this medicine for a sudden (acute) asthma attack and not to substitute with any other medication without informing the doctor.
- You develop any rare disorder of blood that leads to redness or swelling of blood vessels.
- You are taking aspirin or other pain killers like ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc.
- You smoke daily.
- Doxolin M Tablet is not recommended for children below 15 years of age.
Mode of Action of Doxolin M Tablet
- Doxolin M Tablet contains a combination of Doxofylline and Montelukast.
- Doxofylline is a bronchodilator that relaxes the muscles that surround the airways of the lungs and allows them to open up. It acts by inhibiting a chemical in the body, causing relaxation of the muscles in the lungs. ...
- Montelukast works by blocking certain natural substances called leukotrienes, which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier, thus also helps in controlling the symptoms of asthma....
Directions for Use of Doxolin M Tablet
Interactions of Doxolin M Tablet
- As Doxolin M Tablet contains Doxofylline and Montelukast, any interaction seen with them when taken alone, may happen with this combination.
- Use of cimetidine, allopurinol, propanolol, erythromycin, troleandomycin, lincomycin, ciprofloxacin and an anti-flu vaccine can decrease the clearance of doxofylline, increasing the risk of toxicity.
- Medicine used in the treatment of fits like phenytoin, phenobarbital and other medicine like rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis) increases the clearance of this medicine, leading to a decreased desired effect....
- Medicine used to lower the cholesterol level like gemfibrozil can decrease the clearance of montelukast when co-administered with this medicine.
- Other medicines like albuterol, terbutaline, should be used with caution with this medicine.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible medical interactions with Doxolin M Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Doxolin M Tablet
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep product out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Doxolin M Tablet
- Excess of this medicine will lead to decrease potassium levels, low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, internal bleeding of stomach and intestine lining, fits, eventually causing death.
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, sleepiness, headache, increased thirst, altered mood.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.