Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ventidox-M tablet is an anti-asthmatic medicine used to treat bronchial asthma in adults. It contains a combination medicine a combination of doxofylline and montelukast as active ingredients that bel
ongs to the class of anti-asthmatic medicine. Asthma is a condition that makes breathing difficult and triggers coughing, whistling sound while breathing and shortness of breath. It works by widening the narrowed airway tract of the lungs and helps relieve the symptoms. It should be used in children above 15 years of age and adults. Do not use this medicine for a sudden (acute) asthma attack and not substitute it with any other medication without informing the doctor. Your doctor should be informed if you have any medical conditions like liver, kidney or heart disease; on any medications, supplements or herbal preparations and have an active lifestyle of smoking, alcohol or caffeine consumption. If you experience any undesired symptoms while taking this medicine, then inform your doctor....
Uses of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ventidox-M tablet is used in adults to treat asthma (a condition in which the airway path of the lungs gets narrow due to swelling and causes difficulty in breathing).
Contraindications of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to doxofylline or montelukast or any other components of the Ventidox-M tablet.
- If you have any heart problems like heart attack, blockage of heart vessels, low blood pressure.
- If you are a breastfeeding woman.
Side effects of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Lack of sleep
Precautions and Warnings of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Ventidox-M tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it's needed and the advantage overweighs the risk. Consult your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Ventidox-M tablet while breastfeeding?
No, this medicine should not be used while breastfeeding as components of this medicine passes into the breastmilk and can be harmful to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ventidox-M tablet?
It does not affect the ability to drive. However, if you experience any of the side effects of this medicine like sleepiness or dizziness, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ventidox-M tablet?
There is limited data available about the effect of alcohol on this medicine. Consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your asthma or your condition gets worse.
- You have underlying medical conditions like liver or kidney-related disease, fits, overactive thyroid, mood swings, heart disorders, blood-related disease, stomach ulcers, etc.
- You have problems with your lungs like COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- You have low levels of oxygen in your blood.
- You develop symptoms like cough, runny nose, sneezing, pins and needles or numbness of arms or legs, worsening of symptoms and/or rash.
- You are taking aspirin or other pain killers like ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc.
- You smoke daily.
- Ventidox-M tablet is not recommended for children below 15 years of age.
Mode of Action of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Ventidox-M tablet contains a combination of doxofylline and montelukast.
- Doxofylline is a bronchodilator that relaxes the muscles that surround the airways of the lungs and allows them to open up. It acts by inhibiting a chemical in the body, causing relaxation of the muscles in the lungs....Read more
- Montelukast works by blocking certain natural substances called leukotrienes, which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier, thus also helps in controlling the symptoms of asthma....Read more
Directions for Use of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ventidox-M tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by y
Interactions of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- As the Ventidox-M tablet contains doxofylline and montelukast, any interaction seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking medicines like antibiotics (such erythromycin), antacids like cimetidine, anti-hypertensives like propranolol, etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are cholesterol-lowering medicines, other medicines used to treat respiratory diseases, anti-epileptic medicine like phenytoin and anti-tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin alter their effect if taken along with this medicine....Read more
You should avoid consuming beverages and food that contain caffeine with the Ventidox-M tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, sleepiness, headache, increased thirst, altered mood. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicin
e, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do n
ot take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When and how should I take the Ventidox-M tablet?
A: Always take this medicine as advised by your doctor at the same time daily for optimal results. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: For how long do I need to take the Ventidox-M tablet?
A: Do not stop taking this medicine until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to a severe breathing problem, which can be very dangerous. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: Can I take an additional dose of this medicine during a sudden asthma attack?
A: No, this medicine should not be used for a sudden (acute) asthma attack. Reach out to your doctor immediately.
Q: What should I tell my healthcare provider before starting the Ventidox-M tablet?
A: Certain medicines and medical conditions are known to alter the desired effect of this medicine. An increase or decrease in the effectiveness of either component of the medicine can result in undesirable or unwanted effects. Hence, personal history including normal as well as critical condition should be shared. The doctor should also be informed about your current medicines.
Q: Is the Ventidox-M tablet safe to use in elderly people?
A: No, it should not be given without consulting your doctor. Elderly people are more prone to suffer from a certain medical condition. This medicine needs to be administered cautiously. Hence, consulting your doctor is necessary before you start this medicine.
Last Updated on: 17 Aug 2021 | 08:52 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved