Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Ventidox-M tablet is an anti-asthmatic medicine used to treat bronchial asthma in adults. It contains a combination medicine a combination of doxofylline and montelukast as active ingredients that be
longs to the class of anti-asthmatic medicine. Asthma is a condition that makes breathing difficult and triggers coughing, whistling sound while breathing and shortness of breath. Ventidox M works by widening the narrowed airway tract of the lungs and helps relieve the symptoms. It should be used in children above 15 years of age and adults. Do not use this medicine for a sudden (acute) asthma attack and not substitute it with any other medication without informing the doctor. Your doctor should be informed if you have any medical conditions like liver, kidney or heart disease; on any medications, supplements or herbal preparations and have an active lifestyle of smoking, alcohol or caffeine consumption. If you experience any undesired symptoms while taking this medicine, then inform your doctor.
Uses of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to doxofylline or montelukast or any other components of the Ventidox-M tablet.
- If you have any heart problems like heart attack, blockage of heart vessels, low blood pressure.
- If you are a breastfeeding woman.
Side effects of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Lack of sleep
Precautions and Warnings of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- Your asthma or your condition gets worse.
- You have underlying medical conditions like liver or kidney-related disease, fits, overactive thyroid, mood swings, heart disorders, blood-related disease, stomach ulcers, etc.
- You have problems with your lungs like COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- You have low levels of oxygen in your blood.
- You develop symptoms like cough, runny nose, sneezing, pins and needles or numbness of arms or legs, worsening of symptoms and/or rash.
- You are taking aspirin or other pain killers like ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc.
- You smoke daily.
- Ventidox-M tablet is not recommended for children below 15 years of age.
Mode of Action of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Ventidox-M tablet contains a combination of doxofylline and montelukast.
- Doxofylline is a bronchodilator that relaxes the muscles that surround the airways of the lungs and allows them to open up. It acts by inhibiting a chemical in the body, causing relaxation of the muscles in the lungs. ...
- Montelukast works by blocking certain natural substances called leukotrienes, which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier, thus also helps in controlling the symptoms of asthma....
Directions for Use of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- As the Ventidox-M tablet contains doxofylline and montelukast, any interaction seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines like antibiotics (such erythromycin), antacids like cimetidine, anti-hypertensives like propranolol, etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are cholesterol-lowering medicines, other medicines used to treat respiratory diseases, anti-epileptic medicine like phenytoin and anti-tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin alter their effect if taken along with this medicine....
Storage and disposal of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Ventidox M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When and how should I take the Ventidox-M tablet?
Q: For how long do I need to take the Ventidox-M tablet?
Q: Can I take an additional dose of Ventidox M during a sudden asthma attack?
Q: What should I tell my healthcare provider before starting the Tab Ventidox M?
Q: Is the Ventidox-M tablet safe to use in elderly people?
Q: Can I take Ventidox-M tablet for COVID-19?
Q: Can Ventidox-M tablet be used for sudden asthma attacks?
Q: Is Ventidox-M a steroid?
Q: When should I take Ventidox M tablet?
Q: What are the contents present in Ventidox M?
Q: What are Ventidox M tablet uses?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 2 April 2022]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 April 2022]
- Doxofix. [Internet]. Assets.unilab.com.ph. 2021 [cited 2 April 2022]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 April 2022]