By ACEKEINETICS HEALTHCARE LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Domeco Injection Description
Domeco Injection is used in vitamin B12 deficiency, anaemia and a painful nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy. It contains mecobalamin or methylcobalamin also known as vitamin B12. It helps i
n red blood cell formation, cell metabolism, nerve function and the production of DNA. This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject it. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Domeco Injection .
|You Save||₹10.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Vitamin B12 deficiency|
|Side effects||Pain and swelling at injection site, skin rash, itching|
Check more medicines with composition as Mecobalamin (Methylcobalamin)
Uses of Domeco Injection
Domeco Injection is used in vitamin B12 deficiency and megaloblastic anaemia (a blood disorder caused due to deficiency of vitamin B12). It is used in the treatment of painful nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy....
Contraindications of Domeco Injection
- If you are allergic to Mecobalamin or any other ingredients of Domeco Injection .
- If you are suffering from any type of kidney disease.
- If you have or have ever had Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (slow, painless loss of vision, first in one eye and then in the other eye).
Side effects of Domeco Injection
- Pain and swelling at injection site
- Skin rash
- Muscle cramps
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Domeco Injection
Can I take Domeco Injection during pregnancy?
Your doctor may advise you oral supplements containing vitamin B12 and folic acid during pregnancy. Domeco Injection shall be given by your doctor in pregnancy only if essential. Safety in pregnancy is not known.
Can I take Domeco Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of the Domeco Injection pass into the breastmilk and is unlikely to harm a nursing infant when used in recommended doses. However, consult a doctor before using this injection while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Domeco Injection ?
Yes, you can drive if you don’t experience any side effects with Domeco Injection .
Can I consume alcohol with Domeco Injection ?
Regular consumption of alcohol decreases vitamin B12 absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. Decreased vitamin B12 levels lead to Hence, it is better to avoid.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You have an eye disorder called Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (slow and painless loss of vision).
- You consume alcohol in excess regularly, your doctor may monitor your vitamin B12 levels to check the progress of treatment.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Domeco Injection .
Mode of Action of Domeco Injection
How Does It Work?
Vitamin B12 is needed for the formation of red blood cells in the body and their growth. It helps in the absorption of folic acid and carbohydrates from food. It is essential for keeping our nerves healthy. Due to deficiency of vitamin B12, anaemia occurs. It can damage nerves leading to peripheral neuropathy. Domeco Injection helps replenish this deficiency....
Directions for Use of Domeco Injection
- Domeco Injection will be given to you as an injection by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic.
- Be careful of any instruction given during the administration and aftercare. Do not self inject.
Interactions of Domeco Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines like Aminosalicylic acid, Chloramphenicol, Colchicine, histamine-2 antagonists, Neomycin and proton pump inhibitors (e.g. Pantoprazole) can decrease the absorption of Mecobalamin.
- Oral contraceptives can decrease the action of Mecobalamin by reducing its concentration in the body.
- Folic acid when taken in a larger dose for a prolonged duration can impair the therapeutic response of Mecobalamin.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Domeco Injection
- Store Domeco Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep the medicine when it is no longer needed or expired.
Dosage of Domeco Injection
You are less likely to get an overdose of Domeco Injection as it is given to you by a doctor or nurse in a clinic or hospital. Please inform the doctor if you feel any discomfort immediately after the administration of this injection....
Missed a Dose
The chances of missing a dose of Domeco Injection are rare as you will be monitored closely by a healthcare professional. In case they happen to miss a dose, please inform them.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the difference between Mecobalamin and Methylcobalamin?
A: Both Methylcobalamin and Mecobalamin are the same. They contain cobalamin, which is a form of vitamin B12.
Q: Is Domeco Injection OTC medicine?
A: No, Domeco Injection has to be taken only under the supervision of a doctor. It is a prescription medicine.
Q: What is the dosage of Domeco Injection ?
A: The dosage is based on your underlying medical condition, response to treatment and vitamin B12 tests report.
- Mecobalamin: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Topics H. Cyanocobalamin: MedlinePlus [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Cyanocobalamin (Intramuscular Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- CDSCO - Methylcobalamine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed