Dolo Inf 100ml
By MICRO LABS
100ml Infusion in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dolo Infusion contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen. It is used for short term treatment of pain after surgery or operation, also used for short term treatment of fever in emergency conditions. This medicine will be given to you in hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse.
Uses of Dolo Inf 100ml
- For short term treatment of pain after surgery or operation.
- Short term treatment of fever in emergency conditions, when it can not be given by other routes.
Contraindications of Dolo Inf 100ml
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol
Side effects of Dolo Inf 100ml
Pain and burning sensation at the site of injection. In rare cases, you may experience skin rashes, blisters, itching, serious allergic reaction, increased heart rhythm, low blood pressure.
Precautions and Warnings of Dolo Inf 100ml
Can I take Dolo Infusion during pregnancy?
Paracetamol can be used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends. Yet, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Dolo Infusion while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into breastmilk in small amount. This medicine can be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dolo Infusion?
Paracetamol is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Dolo Infusion?
Moderate consumption of alcohol when you are taking paracetamol is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
Mode of Action of Dolo Inf 100ml
How Does It Work?
There are some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. These are substances that cause pain, swelling, fever. Dolo Infusion contains paracetamol which blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the area of brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever.
Directions for Use of Dolo Inf 100ml
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Dolo Inf 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infection like chloramphenicol
Storage and disposal of Dolo Inf 100ml
- Store Dolo Infusion below 25°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Dolo Inf 100ml
Your doctor or nurse will give Dolo Infusion so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when Dolo Infusion should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Dolo Infusion?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as Dolo Infusion is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose
- Caution is needed in older people too
Last Updated on: 12 Apr 2021 | 09:53 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved