Dizeral Cp Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dizeral Cp Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Dizeral CP is from the group of medicines known as anxiolytics (anti-anxiety medicines). It is used in the treatment of patients suffering from anxiety, seizures and panic attacks and in some cases o
f high blood pressure. Anxiety can be described as a socio-psychological disorder where the patient has deep and disturbing levels of worry, fear and even mental overactivity. Dizeral CP is a combination medicine consisting of two active ingredients, Clonazepam & Propranolol. Clonazepam acts by regulating chemical messengers in the brain to reduce the excess activity of nerve cells, and Propranolol helps to reduce the heart rate and decrease pressure on the surrounding blood vessels, thereby having a calming effect on the heart and brain. Dizeral is an oral tablet to be taken with water as per the dose directed by your physician on an empty stomach. The medication should not be stopped abruptly without the consent of the physician, as it can cause withdrawal symptoms. Dizeral CP is not advised for patients below 18 years of age.
|You Save||₹6.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Propranolol(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||anxiety issues, seizures, panic attacks, hypertension, epilepsy|
|Side effects||sleepiness, unclear thinking, slow heart rate, muscle tremors, uncoordinated body movements|
Uses of Dizeral Cp Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Treatment of anxiety disorders
- Treatment of epileptic attacks
- Treatment of panic attacks
- Treatment of seizures
- Treatment of high blood pressure
- Treatment of migraines
- Treatment of increased heart-rate
Contraindications of Dizeral Cp Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have porphyria (blood haemoglobin disorder)
- If you suffer from asthma
- If you have glaucoma (blurry vision due to increased eye pressure)
- If you suffer from alcoholism
- If you suffer from severe clinical depression
Side effects of Dizeral Cp Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Feeling sleepy or Lightheaded
- Blurry vision
- Loss of balance
- Increased salivation
- Increased frequency of urination
- Difficulty with thinking and coordination
- Involuntary muscle tremors
Precautions and Warnings of Dizeral Cp Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have an allergic reaction to Dizeral CP.
- You have severe side effects which don't ease or go away in a few days.
- You have side effects which seem to worsen over time.
- You feel symptoms of depression.
- You have very low blood pressure consistently.
Mode of Action of Dizeral Cp Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dizeral Cp Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dizeral CP is an oral tablet to be swallowed whole with water on an empty stomach.
- The doctor will decide the appropriate dosage of this medication based on the patient's age, weight and general medical history.
- Care should be taken to have the medication at the same time every day.
- Abruptly stopping Dizeral CP is not advised as it may cause reverse symptoms.
- Do not change or increase the dose by yourself. Take advice from your doctor if you wish to stop the medication or if it does not seem to help.
Interactions of Dizeral Cp Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Dizeral may cause an interaction if consumed with any of the medicines mentioned above. The interaction between these two medicines can cause an adverse effect on the body. Additionally, in some cases, these medicines interact with each other decreasing the effectiveness of either....
Interactions with food items
- Alcohol is prohibited while on treatment with Dizeral CP. Alcohol increases the severity of side effects.
- No other food interactions have been reported to cause severe reactions with Dizeral CP.
Dosage of Dizeral Cp Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Dizeral CP tablets be habit-forming?
Q: Does Dizeral CP cause any harm to the liver when used for a long duration?
Q: Will taking this medication after food reduce its effect?
- Clonazepam: Bullous dermatosis in an elderly patient: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2022 Jan 25];1440(1):13–13. Available from:
- Clonazepam (Klonopin) [Internet]. Nami.org. [cited 2022 Jan 25]. Available from:
- BNF is only available in the UK | NICE. [cited 2022 Jan 25]; Available from:
- Klonopin, a benzodiazepine [Internet]. Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Jan 25]. Available from
- Brett J, Murnion B. Management of benzodiazepine misuse and dependence. Aust Prescr [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2022 Jan 25];38(5):152–5. Available from: