Divaa Od 500mg Tablet
Divaa Od 500 MG Description
Divaa-OD 500 tablet is used to treat fits. It is also used to treat certain symptoms like mood swings and aggressiveness associated with bipolar disorder. This medicine is also used as a supportive t
reatment for migraine. It contains divalproex sodium as its active ingredient. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Divaa-OD 500 tablet should not be used in pregnant women and lactating mothers. You may experience side effects like headache, nausea, vomiting, shakiness, sleepiness and skin rashes while on treatment with this medicine. Most of them are temporary, but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before starting Divaa-OD 500 tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Divaa Od 500 MG
- Divaa-OD 500 tablet is used in the treatment of epilepsy (fits or seizures) and manic episodes associated with Bipolar disorder.
- For the treatment of migraine.
Contraindications of Divaa Od 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Divalproex sodium or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you or any of your family members have a history of liver problems.
- If you are suffering from a condition called urea cycle disorder.
- If you have an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- If you are suffering from a mitochondrial disorder (a genetic disorder).
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Side effects of Divaa Od 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Diarrhoea, indigestion
- Tremor (shakiness)
- Tiredness, weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Divaa Od 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal thoughts, unusual changes in mood or behaviour, worsening depression. Immediately contact your doctor.
- Your convulsions have worsened.
- You have diabetes.
- You have gained a lot of weight.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are suffering from a pancreas problem like swelling or inflammation in the pancreas.
- You are suffering from a brain disease or any metabolic condition that is affecting your brain.
- You suffer from a condition known as urea cycle disorder.
- You are suffering from a long-term autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- You suffer from any mitochondrial disorder.
- You notice any serious allergic reaction or unwanted side effects after taking this medicine. Please contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Divaa Od 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Divaa Od 500 MG
- Divaa-OD 500 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Divaa Od 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Divaa-OD 500 tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Divaa-OD 500 tablet along with medicines like aspirin (pain killers), phenobarbital, carbamazepine (used in fits) may increase your chances of having side effects.
- Use of medicines like warfarin (blood thinners), Zidovudine (used in HIV infection), Temozolomide (used in cancer), selegiline, diazepam, quetiapine (used to treat your mental health), Propofol (used for anaesthesia) along with Divaa-OD 500 tablet may increase their effects....
- Concomitant use along with medicines like chloroquine (used in malaria), Cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), rifampicin, meropenem (antibiotics), Cholestyramine (used to lower cholesterol) may alter the way this medicine works....
Storage and disposal of Divaa Od 500 MG
- Divaa-OD 500 tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.