By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Deriphyllin Tablet contains a combination of Etofylline and Theophylline, and are known as bronchodilators medicine. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of the airway and cleaning the obstruction. is used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a condition where the airway is narrowed or swollen with the presence of mucus, which leads to breathing difficulties and coughing. This medicine should be taken in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not discontinue this medicine on your own without informing your doctor. Inform the doctor about all other medicines you are taking, any diseases you are having, or any allergies you have before starting with Deriphyllin Tablet.
Uses of Deriphyllin Tablet
- Deriphyllin Tablet is used to manage the airway obstruction or tightening associated with asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Deriphyllin Tablet
- If you are allergic to Theophylline, Etofylline, or any other ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a rare blood disorder called Porphyria
- If this tablet is given along with other medicines like Ephedrine to treat asthma to children less than 6 years of age
- Deriphyllin Tablet is contraindicated in children under 6 months of age
Side effects of Deriphyllin Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Dizziness, headache
- Increased urination
- Irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Deriphyllin Tablet
Can I take Deriphyllin Tablet during pregnancy?
Deriphyllin Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be planning for a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Deriphyllin Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Deriphyllin Tablet pass into human milk, which may affect the breastfed baby. Use this medicine under a doctor's supervision.
Can I drive if I have consumed Deriphyllin Tablet?
Since this medicine may cause dizziness, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or cannot be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Deriphyllin Tablet?
Alcohol can alter the way this medicine work. So, it should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems, including high blood pressure.
- You have any liver problems or stomach ulcers, or a thyroid problem.
- You are a smoker or have a habit of drinking alcohol, which may alter the way this medicine works.
Mode of Action of Deriphyllin Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Deriphyllin Tablet contains Theophylline and Etofylline, and they are known as bronchodilators.
- Etofylline is a derivative of theophylline. It works by dilating and relaxing the airway muscles.
- Theophylline decreases swelling in the lungs of asthma patients and helps to relieve the feeling of blockage.
Directions for Use of Deriphyllin Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with water, with or without eating a meal.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Deriphyllin Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Deriphyllin Tablet may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations.read less
- Antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin and Enoxacin may increase the effect of this medicine.
- Medicines like Aminoglutethimide, Isoprenaline, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Rifampicin, Ritonavir, Sulphinpyrazone, Barbiturates, and Hypericum perforatum may reduce the effect of Deriphyllin Tablet.
- Other medicines that can interact with Deriphyllin Tablet are Halothane, anticancer medicines such as Lomustine, Lithium, Steroids, Diuretics, Ephedrine, and Ketamine.
Dosage of Deriphyllin Tablet
The overdose symptoms include blood vomiting, pain in the upper abdomen, restlessness, muscle stiffness, and fits. An individual may go into a coma as a result of severe side-effect. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Deriphyllin Tablet be given to patients with heart disorders?
A: Deriphyllin Tablet should be used cautiously in patients with heart disorders, as this medicine may cause an increase of heartbeats. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Can Deriphyllin Tablet be given to patients with diabetic patients?
A: Deriphyllin Tablet should be given to diabetic patients with caution; it may increase blood glucose. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Does Deriphyllin Tablet contain steroids?
A: No, Deriphyllin Tablet does not contain steroids. It contains a combination of Etofylline & Theophylline and is known as bronchodilators.
Q: Does Deriphyllin Tablet cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, drowsiness is a side effect of Deriphyllin Tablet, so after taking this medicine, driving and handling any machinery should be avoided.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved