Deriphyllin Tablet Description
Deriphyllin tablet is used to treat lungs and airway-related disorders such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). This tablet is a combination of etofylline and theophylline as a
ctive ingredients. Asthma is a condition where the airways are narrowed or swollen with increased production of mucus. The condition leads to difficulty in breathing and coughing and may affect physical activity. COPD is a severe lung disease where the airways are much swollen and obstructed, which may result in coughing, wheezing, and breathing difficulties. Deriphyllin clears the obstruction and reduces cough, breathlessness, and discomfort associated with it. It is needed to be taken as an entire and as per the prescription given by a doctor. The common side effects of Deriphyllin are headache, anxiety, insomnia, increased urination, and diarrhoea. Most of the side effects are temporary in case the side effects persist then contact the doctor immediately.
|You Save||₹0.71 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Theophylline(23.0 Mg) + Etofylline(77.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Asthma or COPD|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, increased urination|
Uses of Deriphyllin Tablet
Contraindications of Deriphyllin Tablet
- If you are allergic to theophylline, etofylline or any other component of this medicine.
- If you have a rare blood disorder named porphyria.
- If this medicine is given along with other asthma medicines like ephedrine to children less than 6 years of age.
Side effects of Deriphyllin Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Increased urination
- Irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Deriphyllin Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You had any heart problems including high blood pressure.
- You have severe lung diseases, thyroid, liver problem, stomach ulcers.
- You have viral infections.
- You had a history of fits or seizures.
- You had any prostate-related issues (especially in aged males).
- You are a smoker or have a habit of drinking alcohol as it may alter the way the medicine works.
- Deriphyllin tablet should not be used in children below 6 months of age.
Mode of Action of Deriphyllin Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Deriphyllin tablet contains theophylline and etofylline, and they are known as bronchodilators.
- Etofylline is a derivative of theophylline. It works by dilating and relaxing the airway muscles.
- Theophylline decreases swelling in the lungs of asthma patients and helps to relieve the feeling of blockage.
Directions for Use of Deriphyllin Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with water, with or without eating a meal.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Deriphyllin Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Deriphyllin works, or Deriphyllin itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines when taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- The use of anaesthetics like halothane with the medicine may result in irregular heartbeats.
- Anticancer medicines as lomustine when used with deriphyllin medicine may lead to decreased platelets.
- Deriphyllin when used along with steroids and water pills may result in decreased potassium levels.
- The use of other medicines containing theophylline or derivatives of theophylline may result in increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Deriphyllin Tablet
- Store at room temperature, protect from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Deriphyllin Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Deriphyllin tablet be given to patients with heart disorders?
Q: Can Deriphyllin tablet be given to patients with diabetes?
Q: Does Deriphyllin tablet contain steroids?
Q: Does Deriphyllin tablet cause drowsiness?
Q: How much time does it take for Deriphyllin to work?
Q: Can I take the Deriphyllin for cough?
Q: Can Deriphyllin be taken twice a day?
Q: Can I take Deriphyllin tablet with azithromycin?
Q: Can I take the Deriphyllin during COVID?
Q: Can we take the Deriphyllin without food?
Q: When to stop taking Deriphyllin tablet?
Q: Can I give Deriphyllin for 10 year old?
Q: Which contents are in Deriphyllin tablet?
Q: Why is Deriphyllin used?
Q: Can Deriphyllin be taken daily?
Q: Can I get pregnant after taking Deriphyllin?
- Uniphyllin Continus 200 mg prolonged release tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Uniphyllin Continus 200 mg prolonged release tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Etofylline nicotinate | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- DERIPHYLLIN RETARD 150 STRIP OF 30 TABLETS
- DERIPHYLLIN RETARD 300
- DERIPHYLLIN OD 300MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- DERIPHYLLIN TABLETS 30'S
- DERIPHYLLIN OD 450MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- DERIPHYLLIN SYRUP 200ML
- DERIPHYLLIN AMPOULE OF 2ML INJECTION
- DERIPHYLLIN BM EXPECTORANT 100ML
- DERIPHYLLIN OD 600MG TABLET
- DERIPHYLLIN BOTTLE OF 250 TABLETS