Dejac 30mg Tablets
Dejac 30 MG Description
Dejac Tablet is a medication used for managing premature ejaculation in adult men. It has a single active ingredient: Dapoxetine. The mode of action of Dejac tablets works to increase the level of a
chemical messenger in the body, which results in the improvement of control over ejaculation. It also increases the time to ejaculation. Premature ejaculation is a common male sexual disorder. It is more often associated with certain negative personal and psychological issues. Dapoxetine, the component of this medicine, is the only approved medication for the treatment of premature ejaculation. It does not cause any physical dependency issues or serious withdrawal symptoms if stopped suddenly. However, the symptoms of this condition will return if the use of the Dejac tablet is stopped. Dejac Tablet is only prescribed for men. This medicine should be used only if there is a clinical diagnosis of premature ejaculation. This tablet should not be used without a diagnosis or consulting a doctor. Dejac tablet should be taken a couple of hours before sexual intercourse or exactly as advised by the doctor. It should not be used more than once a day or every day. Instructions should be followed carefully to prevent the side effects of Dejac Tablet.
- Duralast 30mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 199.00₹ 169.15₹ 42.29/Tablet
Uses of Dejac 30 MG
- As per CDSCO, Dejac tablet is used for the —
- Treatment of premature ejaculation in adult men over the age of 18 years (improves control and increases the time it takes to ejaculate)
Contraindications of Dejac 30 MG
- If you have an allergic reaction to Dapoxetine or any ingredient of Dejac Tablet.
- If you have not been diagnosed by a doctor with premature ejaculation.
- If you are using medications for low blood pressure; Dejac tablets can cause orthostatic hypotension, a fall in blood pressure after suddenly changing positions.
- If you have a history of heart conditions like heart failure and heart rhythm disorders.
- If you have bleeding disorders; this medicine increases the chances of bleeding.
- If you have been diagnosed with mania, bipolar disorder or other psychological disorders.
- If you have any seizure condition.
- If you have a history of addiction to any recreational drugs.
- If you are using any antidepressant medication.
- If you have any serious kidney or liver disease.
- If you are below 18 years.
Side effects of Dejac 30 MG
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurry vision
- Decreased libido
- Increased sweating
Precautions and Warnings of Dejac 30 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have not been correctly diagnosed with premature ejaculation. It also happens sometimes without any underlying condition. Do not use the Dejac tablet if you have not been diagnosed by a doctor.
- You are younger than 18 years. This medicine is not recommended for men under 18 years and women.
- You are an elderly person over 65 years of age; this medicine can cause unwanted adverse effects.
- You have been diagnosed with hypotension or low blood pressure. Monitor your blood pressure.
- You are using any herbal medicines or supplements for premature ejaculation; some of them can cause side effects.
Mode of Action of Dejac 30 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dejac 30 MG
- Use the Dejac tablet precisely the way the doctor has prescribed them.
- Do not exceed the dose of Dejac medicine.
- Try not to break or chew the tablet.
- Swallow it as a whole with water.
- You can use a Dejac tablet after or before consuming food.
- Take Dejac tablet 30 minutes to one hour before sexual intercourse or as advised by your doctor.
Interactions of Dejac 30 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor about all the current treatments you are currently taking and your complete medical history to prevent interaction between medications that can lead to adverse effects.
- If you use the Dejac tablet along with certain antidepressants (MAO inhibitors), it can have serious and fatal reactions.
- If you are using medicines that affect the heart rhythm, such as thioridazine, this medicine can worsen their effects and cause heart rhythm issues.
- If you are using Dejac medicine with others that cause drowsiness like antipsychotic medicines, sleeping medication, anti-seizure medicines, allergy medicine, muscle relaxants, etc., it can result in increased drowsiness....
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid taking grapefruit and its juice as it increases the effect of Dejac medicine.
Storage and disposal of Dejac 30 MG
Dosage of Dejac 30 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will I experience withdrawal effects if I stop using Dejac Tablet suddenly?
Q: When will I start noticing the effects of the Dejac tablet after taking it?
Q: Can I stop using the Dejac Tablet if I don't need it anymore?
- Park HJ, Park NC, Kim TN, Baek SR, Lee KM, Choe S. Discontinuation of dapoxetine treatment in patients with premature ejaculation: A 2-year prospective observational study [Internet]. Sexual medicine. Elsevier; 2017 [cited 2022 feb 19]. Available from:
- Kendirci M, Salem E, Hellstrom WJ. Dapoxetine, a novel selective serotonin transport inhibitor for the treatment of premature ejaculation [Internet]. Therapeutics and clinical risk management. Dove Medical Press; 2007 [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from:
- McCarty E, Dinsmore W. Dapoxetine: An evidence-based review of its effectiveness in treatment of premature ejaculation [Internet]. Core evidence. Dove Medical Press; 2012 [cited 2022 Feb 19].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from:
- F; AKSDAME. Effects of grapefruit and pomegranate juices on the pharmacokinetic properties of dapoxetine and midazolam in healthy subjects [Internet]. European journal of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from:
- Dapoxetine [Internet]. Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online. [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from: