Defcort 18mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Defcort 18mg Tab is a steroid.
Uses of Defcort 18mg Tab
Defcort 18mg Tab uses include treatment of autoimmune diseases (such as systemic lupus erythematosus, autoimmune hepatitis, sarcoidosis), joint and muscle diseases, allergies, asthma, blood disorders, and diseases affecting the skin, kidney, heart, digestive system and eyes. Defcort 18mg Tab is also used to suppress the immune system to prevent the rejection of new organs in patients undergoing organ transplantation.
Contraindications of Defcort 18mg Tab
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to Defcort 18mg Tab
- Recently administered with a live vaccine.
- Infection that has spread to the entire body (systemic infection) and is not under treatment.
Side effects of Defcort 18mg Tab
- Some of the common Defcort 18mg Tab side effects include weight gain, increased thirst and frequency of urination (potential symptoms of diabetes).
- High blood pressure
- Muscular weakness
- Skin problems like acne, easy bruising and stretch marks
- Increased chances of getting an infection
- Irregular periods
- Difficulty in swallowing and white patches inside the mouth
- Headache, fits
- Eye problems like cataract or increased pressure inside the eye (due to long-term use)
- growth may be restricted in children and teenagers.
- Serious mental health problems like depression, suicidal tendencies, mood changes and anxiety.
Precautions and Warnings of Defcort 18mg Tab
Can I take Defcort 18mg Tab during pregnancy?
Defcort 18mg Tab can pass through the placenta and affect the developing baby. Hence, it is not to be taken during pregnancy. If you are on Defcort 18mg Tab and become pregnant, do not stop the medicine abruptly on your own. Consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Defcort 18mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It is not safe to use take medicine if you are breastfeeding as it can pass into human breast milk and affect the growth of the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Defcort 18mg Tab?
Defcort 18mg Tab will not affect your driving ability. But, avoid driving if you experience symptoms such as dizziness or spinning of the head (vertigo).
Can I consume alcohol with Defcort 18mg Tab?
There are no known interactions with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Take the medication regularly and make sure not to miss any dose.
- Intake of this medicine should never be stopped abruptly.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of depression, mania, fits, diabetes, high blood pressure, eye problems, stomach ulcers or tuberculosis.
Mode of Action of Defcort 18mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Defcort 18mg Tab has anti-inflammatory actions. It works by suppressing the amount of steroids naturally produced by the body and stopping the occurrence of autoimmune reactions (the immune system attacks one's own body and causes damage).
Directions for Use of Defcort 18mg Tab
Defcort 18mg Tab is most effective when taken at around the same time daily. Do not alter the dosage.
Interactions of Defcort 18mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
Defcort 18mg Tab interacts with many medicines such as antacids, blood pressure medicine (bACE inhibitors, calcium-channel blockers and ?-blockers), anti-diabetic drugs, tuberculosis medicine (rifampicin), acetazolamide, aspirin and barbiturates. Inform the doctor about your past and current medical history. Also, inform your doctor if you have taken any vaccines recently.
Interactions with food items
There is no relevant information for this product.
Other general Interactions
There is no relevant information for this product.
Storage and disposal of Defcort 18mg Tab
Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Keep away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Defcort 18mg Tab
Inform your doctor immediately in case of an overdose
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose, take it when you remember. Skip the missed dose and do not take an extra Defcort 18mg Tab dosage to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any precautions while giving Defcort 18mg Tab to a child?
A: Long-term use of this drug may restrict bone growth. Therefore, constant monitoring by the doctor is essential.
Q: How should this medicine be used?
A: Defcort 18mg Tab is a tablet that should be taken orally, as prescribed by the physician.
Q: What should I do if I get any side effects or adverse reactions?
A: Inform your doctor as soon as possible so that he can change the dose if required. Also, inform your doctor if your symptoms worsen.
Q: What other information should I have while taking Defcort 18mg Tab?
- Do not miss any appointments with your doctor
- Before getting laboratory test done, tell your doctor and the laboratory personnel that you are taking Defcort 18mg Tab
- Do not let anyone else take your medication.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved