Ddr 60mg Cap
By MSN LABORATORIES
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ddr Mr Capsule contains dexlansoprazole as the active ingredient that helps reduce the acid production in the stomach. Excessive acid damages the cells lining our stomach and oesophagus (the food pipe) causing ulcers and inflammation. Ddr Mr Capsule thus relieves symptoms of acid reflux, heartburn. This capsule is not recommended in children below 12 years of age. Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhoea are among the common side-effects exhibited by the medicine. Reach out to your doctor or nearest hospital if you experience severe diarrhoea with watery stools, fever, pain in the abdomen along with blood in the stool. Inform your doctor about your present medical condition as well as past medical history before starting with the medication....
|You Save||₹37.80 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Dexlansoprazole(60.0 Mg)
Uses of Ddr Mr 60 MG
- To treat Erosive Oesophagitis (a condition wherein the lining of the oesophagus is damaged due to excessive stomach acid production causing ulcer formation and inflammation).
- To treat heartburn (acidity) caused by a condition known as GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: a condition in which backward flow of acid from the stomach causes heartburn and possible injury of the oesophagus [tube between the throat and stomach])....
- To provide relief from excessive acid in the stomach
- This capsule also finds use in the maintenance of healed erosive Oesophagitis.
Contraindications of Ddr Mr 60 MG
- If you are allergic to the active component dexlansoprazole, or any other ingredient in the capsule.
- If you are on or consuming medications that contain Rilpivirine or Atazanavir or other anti-HIV medications.
- If you are consuming herbal products like St. John's Wort (a flowering plant used to treat mood and nervous system related disorders).
- If you are on methotrexate (a medicine used in the treatment of cancer and psoriasis like skin condition).
- If you are on a blood-thinning agent like warfarin.
- If you have very low levels of vitamin B-12.
Side effects of Ddr Mr 60 MG
- Stomach ache/ abdominal pain
- Flatulence and gases
- Some rare yet serious side-effects that might need medical attention include Itching, rashes, hives on the skin; irregular/ fast heartbeats, shortness of breath; dizziness, lightheadedness, fits, severe diarrhoea with watery stools, decreased urination and /or blood in the urine...
Precautions and Warnings of Ddr Mr 60 MG
Can I take Ddr Mr Capsule during pregnancy?
As there is limited information available is not advisable to use Ddr Mr Capsule during pregnancy unless essentially advised by the doctor
Can I take Ddr Mr Capsule while breastfeeding?
As there is limited information available, it is not advisable to use Ddr Mr Capsule during breastfeeding to avoid undesired effects on the newborn.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ddr Mr Capsule?
This medicine may cause drowsiness, dizziness and /or disturbed vision on consumption. Thus, under such circumstances it is not advised to drive after consumption of Ddr Mr Capsule.
Can I consume alcohol with Ddr Mr Capsule?
There are no serious interactions known between alcohol and Ddr Mr Capsule. Yet, is advised to avoid consumption of alcohol while consuming the medicine as some individuals may experience drowsiness, dizziness, disorientation due to Ddr Mr Capsule which may further be worsened by alcohol. Also, alcohol is known to aggravate acidity, hence should be avoided to avoid worsening your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or planning for a pregnancy.
- You are breastfeeding/lactating.
- You are planning for any surgery.
- You are allergic to any active or non-active ingredients in the capsule.
- You are suffering from osteoporosis or other bone-related diseases as these class of medicines tend to increase the risk of fractures.
- You are suffering from deficiency of magnesium or taking diuretic medication (class of drug prescribed to remove excess salt and water from the body) that leads to condition hypomagnesemia (low concentration of magnesium in the blood). ...
- You are suffering from liver disease and/ or autoimmune disease (a condition wherein our own body's defence cells attack and destroy our body cells ) like SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus).
- You have low levels of vitamin B12.
- You experience serious diarrhoea with watery stools and stomach ache, as dexlansoprazole makes an individual prone to Clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea.
- You experience pain or tenderness in your abdomen, blood in your stool and nausea as it can be a condition of stomach polyps (funidc gland polyp) generally seen on long term use of dexlansoprazole
Mode of Action of Ddr Mr 60 MG
How Does It Work?
Ddr Mr Capsule belongs to the class of medicines known as the proton pump inhibitors. The secretion of acids in the stomach is influenced by the proton pump (a specific type of enzyme) in the stomach. Ddr Mr Capsule works by suppressing the secretion of acid production from the gastric parietal cells(cells that line the middle of the stomach and essentially secrete the gastric acid) by blocking the final step of acid production....
Directions for Use of Ddr Mr 60 MG
- Take the medicine in dosage as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule as a whole with a glass of water on an empty stomach or at least 1 hour before a meal.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Ddr Mr 60 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Anti-viral drugs like Rilpivirine or Atazanavir or other anti-HIV medications along with dexlansoprazole should be avoided as dexlansoprazole may affect the antiviral drugs.
- Do not use Ddr Mr Capsule if you are on blood-thinning medication like warfarin or phenprocoumon as both the medicines together may lead to increased bleeding that might prove fatal.
- Ddr Mr Capsule when used along with methotrexate for the long term have shown to have a toxic effect.
- Dexlansoprazole reduces the absorption of medicines like iron salts, erlotinib, dasatinib, nilotinib, mycophenolate mofetil, ketoconazole/itraconazole who are dependent on gastric acidity for their mechanism....
- Inform your doctor if you are on St.John's Wort (a flowering plant used to treat mood and nervous system related disorders) as it may decrease the efficiency of dexlansoprazole.
- Close monitoring is advised in patients who are on water pills (class of drug prescribed to remove excess salt and water from the body) like Bumetanide (Bumex), Furosemide (Lasix), along with Ddr Mr Capsule as diuretics tend to cause magnesium imbalance and dexlansoprazole worsens the condition....
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Ddr Mr 60 MG
- Store Ddr Mr Capsule at room temperature (10-30°C) in a dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Ddr Mr 60 MG
If you have taken too much of Ddr Mr Capsule then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a more dose to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Ddr Mr Capsule for treating gastritis?
A: Ddr Mr Capsule is not certified to be used for treating gastritis, it predominantly finds its use in the treatment of ulcers and inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach and oesophagus due to excessive acid production i.e conditions like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Consult your doctor about your physiological condition and medical history before the use of medicine and avoid self-medication.
Q: Does Ddr Mr Capsule work similar to an antacid?
A: Ddr Mr Capsule works by blocking the proton pump in the stomach in the final stage of acid production thereby relieving heartburn by inhibiting the production of gastric acid while antacids reduce heartburn by neutralizing the acid produced in the stomach.
Q: Can I take this medicine with Acetaminophen?
A: No interactions are seen between Ddr Mr Capsule and Acetaminophen, yet it varies as per individuals physiological parameters and medical condition. Do not use the combination if you are allergic to anyone/and/or both the medicines. Do consult your doctor before consuming the medicines
Q: Can I take Ddr Mr Capsule with food ?
A: No, It is recommended that Ddr Mr Capsule should be taken empty stomach or at least 1 hour before meals for desired results.
- LactMed..Dexlansoprazole.[Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- Medlineplus..Dexlansoprazole.[Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- CDSCO.Dexlansoprazole.[Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- DailyMed.DEXILANT.[Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- USFDA.Dexlansoprazole.[Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
- Drugs.com.Dexlansoprazole.[Accessed on 25-Mar-2021](online)
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.