Dcxicip 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Price to be Updated
Dcxicip 100 MG Description
Dcxicip Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, throat, airways, skin, eye and genital. It contains doxy
cycline as an active ingredient. It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that belongs to a group of medicines called tetracycline antibiotics. Dcxicip Tablet or any antibiotic should not be used when you are not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics can make it ineffective for future treatment. Complete the course of antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return the infection. This medicine should not be used during tooth development (last half of pregnancy; infancy and childhood to the age of 8 years) as it may cause permanent discolouration of the teeth (yellow-grey-brown).
Uses of Dcxicip 100 MG
Contraindications of Dcxicip 100 MG
- If you are allergic to doxycycline or any other components of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Dcxicip 100 MG
- Sensitivity to light
- Urge to scratch
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Dcxicip 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any underlying medical condition like liver or kidney-related problem, muscle weakness etc., as caution is advised in such health conditions.
- You experience skin reactions. The doctor may discontinue the treatment and start an alternate therapy.
- You have a genetic disorder of blood resulting in defective haemoglobin, purple patches on the skin and nerve damage (porphyria).
- You have a disorder of the immune system causing rashes on the face, fever, joint and body pains, hair loss (systemic lupus erythematosus).
- It is advised to avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight because it can make your skin more prone to sunburn reactions during the treatment.
- You are already taking oral retinoids or isotretinoin, as it may increase the risk of increased pressure inside the brain.
- You may have diarrhoea after using this medicine.
- This medicine should not be used during tooth development (last half of pregnancy; infancy and childhood to the age of 8 years) as it may cause permanent discolouration of the teeth (yellow-grey-brown)....
Mode of Action of Dcxicip 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dcxicip 100 MG
- Dcxicip Tablet should be taken as a whole with sufficient water.
- You should take this medicine regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dcxicip 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Dcxicip Tablet or Dcxicip itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- Especially if you are on certain medications such as medicines used to treat brain-related disorders like alprazolam, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are medicines used to treat acne like isotretinoin, oral contraceptives, anticoagulants (like warfarin and heparin), penicillin antibiotics, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin etc. ...
- Antacids and other certain supplements containing iron, calcium etc. should not be taken simultaneously with Dcxicip Tablet. There should be a gap of at least 2 hours.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Dcxicip 100 MG
- Store the medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Dcxicip 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Dcxicip Tablet?
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare professional before I start the treatment with Dcxicip Tablet?
Q: At what time should I take this medicine?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 25 January 2022]
- Vibramycin-D Dispersible Tablets 100mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 January 2022]
- DORYX Delayed-Release Tablets [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 25 January 2022]