Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Daonil 5 mg tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing Glibenclamide (also known as Glyburide) as its active ingredient. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers must not use Daonil 5 mg tablet. This medicine is not recommended for use in children and adolescents. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken just before or with food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor. Before using Daonil 5 mg tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Daonil 5 mg tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Glibenclamide or any other ingredients of Daonil 5 mg tablet.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you are in a diabetic coma.
- If you are suffering from diabetic ketoacidosis (symptoms include fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness).
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding.
- If you are taking a medicine called bosentan to treat your high blood pressure.
Side effects of Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Low blood sugar level
Precautions and Warnings of Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Can I take the Daonil 5 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Daonil 5 mg tablet must not be used during pregnancy. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take the Daonil 5 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Glibenclamide may pass into breast milk, thus Daonil 5 mg tablet should not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Daonil 5 mg tablet?
- Daonil 5 mg tablet is known to cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your driving ability.
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
- Do not consume sugar free products at such episodes.
Can I consume alcohol with Daonil 5 mg tablet?
It is unsafe to consume alcohol while on treatment with Daonil 5 mg tablet. Alcohol lowers blood sugar which can be dangerous and can also alter the action of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You have problems with your adrenal or pituitary glands
- You are schedules to have a surgery or operation
- You develop fever or infection
- You consume alcohol on regular basis
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You are above 60 years old
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- Do not stop taking this medicine unless told to do so by your doctor.
- Daonil 5 mg tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Glibenclamide in Daonil 5 mg tablet works by stimulating the release of insulin from your pancreas, thus reducing your blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Daonil 5 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Daonil 5 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat your blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, high cholesterol levels, mental health problems, cancer, thyroid problems, gout, tuberculosis, fits, infections, glaucoma, stomach ulcers, allergies, blood thinner medicines, prostate problems, pain and inflammation.read less
- Other medicines like pentoxifylline, oestrogen, progestogen, laxatives should be used with caution along with Daonil 5 mg tablet.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using Daonil 5 mg tablet while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Interactions with food items
Daonil 5 mg tablet should be taken just before or with your meal to reduce its side effects.
Storage and disposal of Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Daonil 5 mg tablets should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Daonil 5mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- An overdose of Daonil 5 mg tablet may lead to low blood sugar levels (symptoms include nausea, vomiting, restlessness, shakiness, visual disturbances, sleepiness) and coma.
- Immediately consume some sugar or sugar-containing drink.
- Do not give the person any food or drink if the person is unconscious.
- Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed taking any dose of the Daonil 5 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Daonil 5 mg tablet?
A: Daonil 5 mg tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Q: What food items should I include in my diet?
- A diet high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil).
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
Q: What foods should I avoid eating, being a diabetic patient?
- Avoid eating oily and fried food.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid cheese, milkshakes, ice creams.
- Try to avoid pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks and beverages.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and smoking.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Daonil 5 mg tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Daonil 5 mg tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.read less
Q: Should I take Daonil 5 mg tablet with or without food?
A: Daonil 5 mg tablet should be taken just before or with your meal.
Last Updated on: 12 Mar 2021 | 02:40 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved