Danfree 1% Bottle Of 100ml Shampoo
Danfree 1 % Description
Danfree Shampoo contains ketoconazole, an antifungal medicine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff and flaky scalp. Ketoconazole binds to the fungal cell membrane and inhibits its
growth by altering the permeability of cell membranes. Danfree Shampoo should be used as advised by your doctor.
Uses of Danfree 1 %
Contraindications of Danfree 1 %
Side effects of Danfree 1 %
- Dry hair
- Skin burning sensation
- Thinning of the hair
- Change of hair texture
Precautions and Warnings of Danfree 1 %
Other General Warnings
- Your skin condition doesn't improve, become worse or if you experience any side effects.
- Take precautions to ensure the shampoo does not get into your eyes. If it does, wash your eyes with cold water gently.
- If you are applying any steroid creams, gradually decrease the application over 2-3 weeks. Suddenly stopping it is not advised as it may worsen your skin problems.
Mode of Action of Danfree 1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Danfree 1 %
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water. Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp. Keep it for 5-10 mins before rinsing off. Rinse your hair and scalp with water.
- Danfree Shampoo may be irritating to mucous membranes of the eyes and contact with this area should be avoided.
- If Danfree Shampoo does get into the eyes, they should be bathed gently with cold water.
Interactions of Danfree 1 %
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Danfree 1 %
- Store the Danfree Shampoo in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep out of reach of children. Do not use after the expiry date.
Dosage of Danfree 1 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Danfree Shampoo?
Q: Is Danfree Shampoo good for hair?
Q: Does Ketoconazole work on severe dandruff?
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Ketoconazole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Ketomac Shampoo [Internet]. Ketomac.co.in. 2022 [ cited 6 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]