Dalacin C 150mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By PFIZER LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dalacin C Capsule is an antibiotic medicine used to treat serious bacterial infections. It contains clindamycin as its main ingredient. Dalacin C Capsule prevents the growth of bacteria by inhibiting protein responsible for bacterial growth and spread of infection. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
Uses of Dalacin C 150 MG
Dalacin C Capsule is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infection of the joints, lungs, skin, soft tissues, bones, etc.
Contraindications of Dalacin C 150 MG
If you are allergic to clindamycin, lincomycin or any other ingredients of Dalacin C Capsule.
Side effects of Dalacin C 150 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Dalacin C 150 MG
Can I take Dalacin C Capsule during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before using Dalacin C Capsule. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Dalacin C Capsule while breastfeeding?
Clindamycin may pass through the breastmilk, hence it is advised to not take Dalacin C Capsule while breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dalacin C Capsule?
Dalacin C Capsule does not affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Dalacin C Capsule?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and Dalacin C Capsule, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney disease.
- You experience blood in diarrhoea or continuous diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have problems with your stomach or intestines.
- You have asthma, eczema or hayfever.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G-6-PD) deficiency.
- You are intolerant to lactose.
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Dalacin C Capsule.
Mode of Action of Dalacin C 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Clindamycin in Dalacin C Capsule works by inhibiting the protein synthesis in the bacteria responsible for causing infection and thus inhibits the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Dalacin C 150 MG
- Dalacin C Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dalacin C 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dalacin C Capsule works or this Capsule itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking muscle relaxants or any other antibiotics such as erythromycin.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking medications for thinning of blood such as warfarin as it may lead to bleeding if taken along with Dalacin C Capsule.
Storage and disposal of Dalacin C 150 MG
- Store Dalacin C Capsule below 30°C temperature in a clean and dry place.
- Keep this medication out of sight from children and pets.
Dosage of Dalacin C 150 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Dalacin C Capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the dose of Dalacin C Capsule, then take it immediately. But if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and take it as scheduled. Do not double the dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side effects of Dalacin C Capsule?
A: You may experience some side effects such as diarrhoea, stomach pain, vomiting and nausea after taking Dalacin C Capsule.
Q: How long should I take Dalacin C Capsule?
A: The dose and duration of Dalacin C Capsule will depend on the response to treatment and the severity of your disease condition. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: How to take Dalacin C Capsule?
A: Dalacin C Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
- Dalacin C 300 mg capsule [Internet]. Pfizer.ca. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
- Pharmacological Interaction of Rifampicin on Clindamycin in Staphylococcic Osteoarticular Infections - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov [Internet]. Clinicaltrials.gov. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
- Clindamycin 300 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
- Clindamycin 300 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.