Cytarabin 100mg Injection 1ml
Price to be Updated
Cytarabin 100 MG Description
Cytarabin Injection is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used in the treatment of a type of blood cancer. It contains cytarabine as its main component. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by
a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting.
Uses of Cytarabin 100 MG
Contraindications of Cytarabin 100 MG
Side effects of Cytarabin 100 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Constipation, stomach pain
- Fever, infection, Pneumonia
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Pain, swelling, sores in the mouth
- Hair loss
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Cytarabin 100 MG
- Cytarabin Injection should not be used during pregnancy unless your doctor considers it essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Use effective contraception during treatment. However, if you get pregnant while on treatment, immediately contact your doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver.
- You have been or are scheduled for a vaccination.
- If you are taking a medicine called methotrexate, discuss it with the doctor if you are not sure.
Mode of Action of Cytarabin 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cytarabin 100 MG
- Cytarabin Injection will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject.
Interactions of Cytarabin 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cytarabin Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat bacterial infections, fungal infections, heart problems and cancer.
Storage and disposal of Cytarabin 100 MG
- Store Cytarabin Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cytarabin 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Cytarabin Injection?
Q: What is the use of Cytarabin Injection?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Cytarabine 100mg/ml - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Cytarabine 100mg/ml - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]