Cuticare Cream 15gm
Cuticare Cream 15gm Description
Cuticare cream is a combination medicine used to treat various skin infections like fungal or bacterial infections, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc. It relieves the symptoms of infection like redn
ess, swelling and itching of the skin. It contains a combination of three active ingredients namely, miconazole, neomycin and fluocinolone that belongs to a different class of medicines called antifungal, antibacterial and topical steroid respectively. Use this medicine as directed by your doctor. Do not apply the cream in excess amounts. Complete the entire treatment course as recommended by the doctor, as stopping the medicine in between can lead to an increased risk of reinfection. This cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹15.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Miconazole(2.0 %) + Neomycin(0.5 %) + Flunisolide(0.01 %)|
|Side effects||Dryness, itching, redness, irritation, burning sensation at application site|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIMICROBIAL AND STEROID|
Uses of Cuticare Cream 15gm
- Cuticare cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections and inflammation complicated by a superficial bacterial or fungal infection.
- It helps in managing symptoms like scratching, red sores, itching and rashes when associated with skin infections.
- It is also used to treat yeast infections like athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm infections.
Contraindications of Cuticare Cream 15gm
- If you are allergic to the active ingredients fluocinolone acetonide, miconazole and neomycin or any of the ingredients of this cream.
- If you have open wounds, cuts and/or burn at the site of application.
- If you have any pre-existing medical condition especially skin-related disorder.
Side effects of Cuticare Cream 15gm
Precautions and Warnings of Cuticare Cream 15gm
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to this cream or any other medicines or experiencing any allergic reactions of the skin after applying this cream.
- You have any pre-existing health conditions such as diabetes, kidney disorders, weak immunity, hearing or eye-related disorder, etc.
- You are prone to allergic reactions.
- Using this cream for a prolonged duration can cause HPA axis suppression and hamper the production of certain hormones.
- Do not stop the treatment in between as it may lead to an increased risk of reinfection.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Keep yourself well hydrated and your skin moisturized while using the cream.
- Use with at most caution in children only on the recommendation of your child's doctor.
Mode of Action of Cuticare Cream 15gm
How Does It Work?
- Fluocinolone acetonide is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties. It works by blocking certain molecules produced by the immune system which are responsible for symptoms like pain, redness, swelling. It also relieves itching....
- Miconazole is antifungal in nature with some antibacterial activity, it works by affecting the cell membrane of the fungal cell which inhibits the fungal cell growth.
- Neomycin is antibacterial in nature, it kills the bacteria by blocking the production of proteins necessary for cellular processes of the bacterial cell.
Directions for Use of Cuticare Cream 15gm
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Cuticare Cream 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since the Cuticare cream is for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Particularly if you are taking medicines for high blood sugar levels and blood-thinning medicines or any other anti-fungal medicines, etc.
- As the Cuticare cream contains three different components, any interaction was seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
Storage and disposal of Cuticare Cream 15gm
- Store the Cuticare cream in a cool and dry place.
- Store it at room temperature.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use the cream if it has expired.
Dosage of Cuticare Cream 15gm
Missed a Dose
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Cuticare cream a steroid?
Q: For how long should I use this cream?
- Use this cream as directed by your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor if your skin condition does not improve even after 2 weeks of application of the cream.
- Do not apply excess of the cream.
- Do not stop using the cream in between as it may lead to an increased risk of reinfection.
Q: Will this cream cure my wound?
Q: What is eczema?
Q: Can I use the Cuticare cream for fungal infection?
- Miconazole Nitrate Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]
- DailyMed - NEO-SYNALAR- neomycin sulfate and fluocinolone acetonide cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]
- Daktarin 2% Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]
- Neomycin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]. Available from:
- Fluocinolone: Side Effects, Dosage, Uses and More [Internet]. Healthline. 2021 [cited 8 July 2021]