Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By IPCA LABORATORIES
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets contains Chlorthalidone, which belongs to the Diuretic group of medicine, which is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure. It lowers blood pressure by increasing the excretion of water and sodium through urine. It is to be taken with food at a fixed time of day as prescribed by your doctor.
Uses of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure.
- It is also used as a supportive treatment to reduce swelling caused by the accumulation of fluid in the body either due to heart disease, liver disease or kidney disease.
Contraindications of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Chlorthalidone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If your urine output in 24 hours is very low (less than 100ml).
Side effects of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine are known to be harmful to the foetus. Thus, it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine, then immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of this medicine in lactating women. However, as a component of this medicine is known to be excreted in milk, this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets may cause dizziness. If you are feeling dizzy after taking this medicine, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
Drinking alcohol, along with this medicine, increases dizziness. Therefore, alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your blood pressure is low or you have dehydration.
- You have kidney disease or you are on a salt-restricted diet.
- Use of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets may cause low levels of electrolytes in the body. It is advisable to monitor electrolytes periodically.
Mode of Action of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets lowers blood pressure by increasing excretion of water and sodium through urine.
Directions for Use of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Take this medicine with food at day time at fixed timing as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Taking Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets, along with other medications used for high blood pressure, increases action of other medicines.
- Taking this medicine with lithium decreases the excretion of lithium through urine, leading to the accumulation of lithium in the body.
Storage and disposal of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets include dizziness, weakness, nausea, etc. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets should be taken at day time?
A: Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets works by excreting excess water through urine. Thus, to avoid going to the bathroom at night time it should be taken in the daytime.
Q: Do Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets cause Gout?
- Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets increases the level of uric acid in blood by decreasing its excretion through urine, leading to the accumulation of uric acid in the blood and can cause gout.
Q: What is the use of Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
A: Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is used alone or together with other medicines to treat high blood pressure. In a higher dosage, it is also used to decrease swelling caused by the accumulation of fluid in the body (oedema).
Q: Does Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets cause weight loss?
- Ctd 12.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets does not cause weight loss in obesity.
- It only causes weight loss in conditions where weight gain is due to excess water accumulated in the body due to heart disease, liver disease or kidney disease by excreting excess water through urine.
Last Updated on: 19 Mar 2021 | 04:13 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved