Critig 50mg Injection
By ORCHID PHARMA
50mg Powder For Infusion in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Critig 50 MG Description
Critig Powder For Infusion is an antibiotic medicine used to treat stomach infections and skin infections. It contains tigecycline as its active component that belongs to an antibiotic class of medic
ines. It works by preventing the synthesis of bacterial proteins, which are the primary cursors for carrying out bacteria's vital functions. Critig Powder For Infusion is given in a healthcare setup under the supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The dose and duration of the treatment will be decided by the doctor after a careful assessment of your condition. Tell the doctor about the complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
|You Save||₹374.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Bacterial stomach and skin infection|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Tigecycline(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Critig 50 MG
- Complicated infection of the skin and soft tissues
- Stomach infection
Contraindications of Critig 50 MG
- If you are allergic to tigecycline or other components of the injection.
- If you are allergic to tetracycline-class antibiotics such as doxycycline, minocycline, etc.
Side effects of Critig 50 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Critig 50 MG
Can I take Critig 50mg Injection during pregnancy?
Critig Powder For Infusion can cause harm to the baby. It is not recommended during pregnancy. However, if pregnancy is detected while on this medicine, seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take Critig 50mg Injection while breastfeeding?
It is not known if Critig Powder For Infusion pass into breast milk. To avoid any harm to the breastfeeding infant, consult the doctor if you are breastfeeding before initiating therapy and he may suggest either discontinuing breastfeeding or treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed Critig 50mg Injection?
It can cause dizziness as a side effect, which can impact your driving ability. So, do not drive until you know how the medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Critig 50mg Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine, it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often. Long-term use of alcohol weakens the immune system and makes you more prone to getting infected.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a tendency for slow or poor wound healing.
- You have diarrhoea before the treatment or you develop diarrhoea after the treatment. But do not take any anti-diarrhoeal medicines on your own.
- You have or have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic medicine.
- You have a history or currently have a liver problem. The doctor might need to reduce the dose accordingly.
- You have blockage of the bile ducts (also called cholestasis- a flow of bile from the liver is slowed or blocked).
- You have a bleeding disorder and you are taking any anticoagulant medicines, as it might affect blood coagulation.
Mode of Action of Critig 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Critig Powder For Infusion alters the protein synthesis (responsible for cell multiplication) of the bacteria, which stops the growth of bacteria and results in cell death.
Directions for Use of Critig 50 MG
- Critig Powder For Infusion will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Critig 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Critig Powder For Infusion works or Critig itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the doctor about medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- Critig Powder For Infusion can increase the effect of immunosuppressant medicines (such as tacrolimus or cyclosporine) if taken along.
- Critig may affect the activity of oral contraceptives if taken along with this injection.
- Avoid taking anti-coagulants medicines along with Critig, it may impact the tests related to blood clotting.
Storage and disposal of Critig 50 MG
- Store at a cool and dark place.
- Discard the solution if not clear.
- Do not freeze. Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Critig 50 MG
Critig Powder For Infusion will be given by a doctor or nurse. Thus, the chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomforts or symptoms like nausea or vomiting, inform the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of the injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed taking a dose of the injection, inform the doctor or nurse immediately....
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the uses of Critig Powder For Infusion?
A: Critig Powder For Infusion is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections associated with stomach and skin.
Q: How is Critig Powder For Infusion given?
A: Critig Powder For Infusion will be given to you by a doctor in a clinic/hospital, avoid self-medicating. The route of administration, dose and duration will be decided by the doctor after careful assessment of the condition you are being treated for and other parameters. Do not self-inject this medicine. Follow the aftercare instruction given by the doctor.
Q: Is Critig Powder For Infusion an antibiotic medicine?
A: Yes, Critig Powder For Infusion is an antibiotic medicine, that belongs to tetracycline group of antibiotics.
Q: Is Critig Powder For Infusion effective in covid-19?
A: No, the doctor will prescribe you the appropriate medicine on the basis of the medical history and severity of the underlying condition and medical history. If you have been tested positive for covid-19, immediately inform your doctor. Do not take any medicine to treat or prevent covid-19 without consulting a doctor.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed