Crestor 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
The composition of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S whose active ingredient is rosuvastatin belongs to the statin family of medicines and helps in reducing low-density lipoprotein (LDL) in the body, commonly known as bad cholesterol.
Uses of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S
- To reduce high cholesterol and blood pressure
- Treatment of heart disease
- Prevents strokes
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks
Contraindications of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S
- Liver or kidney problems
- When liver tests do not show normal results
- Allergic reaction to rosuvastatin
- Addiction to alcohol
- If you are on a medicine called cyclosporin
Side effects of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S
- Common side effects: headache, stomach ache, heartburn, constipation, nausea and dizziness
- Serious side effects: myopathy which presents in the form of fever, lethargy and muscular pain, urine in the blood and muscle pain (in this case the patient must consult a doctor immediately), jaundice and elevated liver enzymes (in this case the liver function tests have to be carefully monitored), rhabdomyolysis (this causes severe muscular pain, soreness and fever. This could lead to acute kidney failure. In case of dark-coloured urine, fever and muscle pain, you must consult your doctor immediately)read less
Precautions and Warnings of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S
Can I take Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S during pregnancy?
No, you should not take the medicine if you are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant as it can harm the foetus. Women of child-bearing age should use an effective contraceptive when they consume this medicine.
Can I take Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S while breastfeeding?
No, traces of the medicine gets passed on to the milk and therefore can be harmful to the baby. Moreover, limited data is available on the safety of this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S?
Yes, this medicine does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S?
No. You need to reduce alcohol consumption while you are on the medicine as it may affect the functioning of the liver.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You must discuss with your doctor if
- You have been taking fusidic acid in the last 7 days for any bacterial infection
- You have liver/kidney problems
- You have muscular pain or a family history of muscular pain
- You have experienced muscle pain while taking any other cholesterol-lowering medicine in the past
- You regularly consume a large amount of alcohol
Mode of Action of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S
How Does It Work?
Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S prevents HMG-CoA enzyme reductase that helps build up cholesterol in the body. Thus, it lowers cholesterol and bad cholesterol levels in the body. By doing this, it helps build up good cholesterol, also referred to as high-density lipoprotein (HDL).
Directions for Use of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S
As prescribed by the doctor
Interactions of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S
Interactions with other medicines
- When used with other lipid-lowering agents, it could lead to myopathy
- Lipid levels have to be monitored to ensure that the lowest level is given when prescribed with amiodarone, diltiazem and verapamil
- Cyclosporin, warfarin, oral contraceptives, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, HIV protease inhibitors are known to interact, reducing the level of statins
- Until two hours after taking medicine, antacids like aluminium hydroxide should not be taken
- The medicine should not be taken with fusidic acid or 7 days after stopping fusidic acid as it may cause the breakdown of muscles (rhabdomyolysis)
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice. Therefore, it should be taken in very small quantities.
Other general Interactions
In some people, it could affect the liver. If you have high sugar levels, fats and are overweight with high blood pressure, you could develop diabetes.
Storage and disposal of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S
Keep the medicine away from children. Store it in a cool place with the original package, away from moisture. Do not dispose of it with regular household waste. Consult your pharmacist for disposal methods to protect the environment.
Dosage of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S
The dosage of Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S is important. In case of an overdose, the usual Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S side effects are visible. In such cases, you must visit your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
In case you missed a dose, you can take it when you remember. However, take care to ensure that you do not take two doses of the medicine within 12 hours of each other.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S work?
A: You can notice LDL lowering in 2 to 4 weeks after starting the medicine. Of course, the results may vary from person to person. To reach your cholesterol goals, your doctor may adjust the dosage during follow-up visits.
Q: What precautions should be followed while taking Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S?
A: Avoid eating foods with high-fat content and exercise regularly for better results. In case you are pregnant or breastfeeding inform your doctor. In case you have a liver or kidney ailment, let your doctor know about it.
Q: If my daily schedule interferes with taking Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S, what should I do?
A: Take the medicine at the same time every day. Try setting up an alarm or mark in your calendar each day if you cannot remember or connect it with something you do everyday like brushing your teeth. If required keep it in a pillbox which has days of the week marked on it so that you do not forget to take the medicine.
Q: How do I store Crestor 20mg Tab 10`S?
A: Store the medicine at room temperature of 68 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit (20 to 25 degrees centigrade. In case the medicine is beyond the expiry date, or you do not need it anymore, dispose of it carefully.
Last Updated on: 11 Oct 2019 | 09:56 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved