Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cresar AM tablets are used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a combination of two medicine telmisartan and amlodipine that belongs to a class of antihypertensive medicines. It works by relaxing blood vessels, thereby decreasing blood pressure. It increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart and decreases the workload on the heart. For best results, the medicine should be taken at the same time and doses should not be missed. The most common side effects of the medicine are dizziness and oedema (swelling and water retention).
Uses of Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Cresar AM tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amlodipine, telmisartan or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are in your second or third trimester of pregnancy
- If you have liver function problem or obstruction in the bile duct
- If you have experienced shock recently or heart attack or heart failure
- If you have heart disease due to which there is obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricles
- If you are taking any medicine containing aliskiren and you happen to be diabetic or have kidney failure problem.
Side effects of Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Ankle swelling
- Visual disturbances
- Low blood pressure
- Slow heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take a Cresar AM tablet during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to use Cresar AM tablet if you are pregnant; it is highly unsafe for developing a foetus. If pregnancy is detected when you are on treatment with the medicine, inform the doctor immediately, you will be switched to a safer alternative.
Can I take a Cresar AM tablet while breastfeeding?
There is no information available on the safety of Cresar AM tablet while breastfeeding. Thus, alternative treatment should be preferred. Consult the doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cresar AM tablet?
After taking the Cresar AM tablet, you may experience syncope (insufficient blood flow to the brain), sleepiness, dizziness, and giddiness. These are infrequent side effects but be cautious while driving or operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with a Cresar AM tablet?
Avoid alcohol during the treatment. It can cause adverse effects along with Cresar AM tablet. Consuming alcohol when you have a blood pressure problem is not advisable as alcohol can lower blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or kidney problem
- You are a diabetic
- You may suffer from renal artery stenosis (narrowing of blood vessels of kidneys)
- You have low blood pressure
- You have a high level of potassium in blood serum reports
- You have heart disorder like narrowing of the aorta, chest pain, history of heart attack etc.
Mode of Action of Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cresar AM tablet works by the combined action of its two components Amlodipine and Telmisartan. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels and makes the blood flow easier. It also improves blood and oxygen flow to the heart and reduces the load on the heart. The blood pressure-lowering effect of this combination is better than the Amlodipine or Telmisartan alone. Well-controlled blood pressure also reduces the risk of associated complications like stroke.
Directions for Use of Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Cresar AM tablet with or without food.
- It should be taken as directed by your physician.
Interactions of Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Cresar AM tablet is a combination of two medicine and there is no adequate information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. Any interaction which is seen with amlodipine or telmisartan can happen with this combination.Read less
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.Read less
- In particular if you are taking medicines for brain-related disorders, heart diseases, cholesterol lowering medicines, painkillers, immunosuppressants, muscle relaxants etc.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with Cresar AM tablet.
- Steroids taken via injection or infusion can interfere with the blood pressure-lowering effect of Cresar AM tablets.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit, apple and orange juice should be avoided for about 4 hours after taking Cresar AM tablet. It can impair the absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Cresar AM tablet in cool and dry places to protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cresar Am 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose of Cresar AM tablet include irregular heartbeat, dizziness, acute kidney failure and sometimes shock may occur. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of Cresar AM tablet if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. It would be best if you never miss a dose of blood pressure medicine as it can lead to serious side effects like sudden fall in blood pressure and associated symptoms such as fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness, dehydration etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do I require any blood tests during treatment with the Cresar AM tablet?
A: The doctor may ask you for a kidney function test, blood pressure, and amount of electrolytes (e.g. potassium) in your blood at regular intervals.
Q: What precautions should I follow to control high blood pressure?
- Consult a doctor and follow the prescription
- Restrict salt intake in the diet
- Follow a low carb, low-fat diet
- Stay active and try to do regular exercise
- Try to maintain a healthy weight
Q: Can I stop taking Cresar AM medicine on my own?
A: No, it would be best if you never stopped taking the Cresar AM tablet on your own without consulting the doctor.
Q: How much time does it take for the Cresar AM tablet to start working?
A: It takes approximately 3 hours for the Cresar AM tablet to start showing its blood pressure lowering effects. However, this may vary among individuals depending on physiology and metabolism.
Q: What is the difference between the Cresar AM tablet and the Telma-H tablet?
A: Both Cresar AM tablet and Telma-H are medicines to control high blood pressure but vary in composition. Cresar AM tablet contains telmisartan and amlodipine, whereas Telma- H contains telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide. Depending on your health condition and disease status doctor will prescribe you either of these. Do not self medicate the anti-hypertensive medicines.
Q: Is the Cresar AM tablet a beta-blocker?
A: No, the Cresar AM tablet is not a beta-blocker. It works via a different mechanism of action.
Q: What should I avoid while taking the Cresar AM medicine?
A: Avoid taking supplements containing potassium supplement or its salt, as it may cause an increase in the level of potassium in the blood and may experience abnormal heartbeat, weakness, fatigue, chest pain. Also, avoid drinking alcohol.
- AMLOPRES-TL Tablets [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Twynsta 40 mg/5 mg tablets [Internet]. Ema.europa.eu. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Amlodipine Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Telmisartan Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 06 May 2021 | 10:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved