Covance 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Covance 50 MG Description
Covance 50 tablet is an antihypertensive medicine. It is used to manage high blood pressure in adults and children aged 6 to 18 years. It also helps to reduce other heart problems. Covance 50 tablet
contains losartan as the active substance. It works by relaxing the blood vessels which helps to lower blood pressure. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Covance 50 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Along with taking this medicine, it is recommended to make certain lifestyle changes like eating a balanced diet, reducing salt intake, exercising regularly and avoiding smoking and alcohol for better control of your blood pressure levels.
- Cosart 50mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.63₹ 49.8531.74% CHEAPER₹ 4.99/Tablet
Uses of Covance 50 MG
Contraindications of Covance 50 MG
- If you are allergic to losartan or any other ingredients of Covance 50 tablet.
- If you are more than 3 months pregnant.
- If you have liver disorders.
- If you have diabetes or kidney disorders and are being treated with a medicine containing aliskiren. If you are not sure what this medicine is, please confirm with your doctor.
Side effects of Covance 50 MG
- Increased blood potassium levels
Precautions and Warnings of Covance 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, or tongue).
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant.
- You are taking medicines like diuretics.
- You have a liver problem.
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease.
- You are diabetic and taking medicines like enalapril, lisinopril, and ramipril.
Mode of Action of Covance 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Covance 50 MG
- Covance 50 tablet should be taken exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Covance 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way how Covance 50 tablet works or this medicine itself might affect the working of other medicines.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, herbals, or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-cancer medicines, antidepressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other antihypertensives like water pills (furosemide), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin, etc....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Covance 50 tablet and painkillers should be avoided as it may impair kidney function.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are antibacterial medicines such as trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts, etc.
Storage and disposal of Covance 50 MG
- Store Covance 50 tablet below 25°C protected from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Covance 50 MG
- Overdose symptoms of Covance 50 tablet include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, and loss of consciousness.
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects or think you have taken an excess of the medicine.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Covance 50 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Covance 50 tablet?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes, and all the ongoing medications, supplements, and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- If you had any surgery recently.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking Covance 50 tablet?
- Avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans).
- Low-salt diet is preferred.
- Avoid fruits, foods, and health supplements with a high potassium content.
Q: Why is Covance 50 tablet given?
Q: When to take Covance 50?
- Cozaar 100mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 October 2022]
- Cozaar 100mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 October 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 October 2022]