Cosvate Gm Cream 25gm
By OAKNET HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
25g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cosvate-GM Cream is used for the treatment of inflammation and swelling of the various skin conditions suspected to have bacterial or fungal or mixed skin infections. It contains a combination of three medicines Clobetasol, Gentamicin and Miconazole. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties. Gentamicin is an antibacterial agent and Miconazole is an antifungal agent. This cream helps in reducing the symptoms like redness, swelling and itchiness. Cosvate-GM Cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin condition without consulting your doctor.
Uses of Cosvate Gm Cream 25gm
Cosvate-GM Cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections and inflammation like dermatitis, pruritis, sking picking disorder, psoriasis and fungal infection etc. It helps in managing the symptoms like scratching, red sores, itching and rashes when associated with skin infections.
Contraindications of Cosvate Gm Cream 25gm
- If you are allergic to Clobetasol, Gentamicin, Miconazole, or any of the ingredients in this medicine.
- It should not be used for treating infection in your private parts, face, acne, around mouth and skin perforations.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- You should not use this cream if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 1 year of age and for nappy rash.
Side effects of Cosvate Gm Cream 25gm
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Cosvate Gm Cream 25gm
Can I apply Cosvate GM Cream during pregnancy?
There is limited information about safety of Cosvate-GM cream in human pregnancy. In case you are prescribed with this cream, avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Cosvate GM Cream while breastfeeding?
This cream can be used by a breastfeeding woman if prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Cosvate GM cream?
Cosvate GM cream is to be applied externally and less likely to influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Cosvate GM cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and this cream. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergic reactions of the skin after applying this cream.
- You experience other infections after applying this cream.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply this cream for prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Cosvate Gm Cream 25gm
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Cosvate Gm Cream 25gm
- Use Cosvate-GM Cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only, apply it on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Cosvate GM cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gentally to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 15 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Cosvate Gm Cream 25gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Cosvate-GM Cream is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.Read less
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Cosvate-GM Cream with other medicines. However, as Cosvate-GM Cream contains three different components, any interaction seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination..Read less
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection, antibiotic such as erythromycin, blood-thinning agents like warfarin and Verapamil used in heart problems.Read less
Storage and disposal of Cosvate Gm Cream 25gm
- Store Cosvate-GM cream below 25°C, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard the expired or medicine no longer required properly.
Dosage of Cosvate Gm Cream 25gm
As Cosvate GM skin cream is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of this cream, wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of this cream may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed to apply this cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I accidentally ingest Cosvate GM cream?
A: If you accidentally ingest Cosvate GM cream, you may experience stomach discomforts, inform your doctor immediately.
Q: Can Cosvate GM cream be used in children?
A: Cosvate GM cream should not be used in children below the age of 1 year. Skin of children is very delicate and thin compared to adults can absorb larger amounts of this cream which can lead to side effects. Also this medicine contains steroids which can interfare with the growth of children.
Q: Can I use Cosvate-GM cream for pimples?
A: No, it should not be used for any conditons other than prescribed. Specially you should refrain from using it on face as the skin of your face is very delicate and sensitive.
Q: Is Cosvate-GM Cream a steroid?
A: Yes, it contains clobetasol which is a steroid and effective against inflammation and swelling.
Q: I am having a history of rashes with the use of other medicine, should I use Cosvate GM cream?
A: Cosvate-GM cream may also produce rashes to severe allergic reactions in the body. So it is always advisable to tell your doctor about medicine allergy history beforehand.
Q: Can I use Cosvate-GM cream longer than the prescribed duration?
A: It is not advisable to use this cream for more than the recommended duration, as long term usage may lead to thinning and lighting of the affected area due to which the veins underneath the skin are exposed, Clobetasol an active ingredient in the cream may get absorbed in the system and cause disorders related adrenal gland and lead to weight gain, increased in blood pressure and puffy face. Thus do not apply too much of this cream for a too long period. Consult your doctor before use.
Q: How to use Cosvate-GM cream?
A: Apply a thin film of the cream on the affected area. Do not apply on cuts and wounds. If you apply excess of the cream make sure you wipe off the excess. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after usage of the cream. Use Cosvate-GM cream for the duration as recommended by the doctor
Q: What are the side-effects of Cosvate-GM cream?
A: Some side-effects observed on use of Cosvate-GM cream itching, burning, irritation, redness, dryness of the skin. Some may also experience allergic reactions. In case of severe side-effects, it is recommended that you consult your doctor or nearest hospital
|You Save||₹4.83 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clobetasol(0.05 %),Miconazole(2.0 %),Gentamicin(0.1 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching, allergy, thinning of skin|
Last Updated on: 29 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved