Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream
Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream Description
Cosvate G Cream contains a combination of clobetasol and gentamicin as the active ingredient. It is used for treating a wide variety of bacterial skin infections. Do not use this medicine to treat an
y other skin conditions other than that prescribed by your doctor. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. Before and after applying this cream, wash hands properly. You should also follow good hygiene practices such as keeping your hands clean, protecting skin, keeping the environment around you clean and avoiding contact with individuals who have infections.
|You Save||₹2.27 (12% on MRP)|
|Contains||Gentamicin(0.1 %W/W) + Clobetasol(0.05 %W/W)|
|Uses||Bacterial skin infections|
|Side effects||Burning sensation, rash, dryness of the skin|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream
Contraindications of Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream
- If you are allergic to Clobetasol, Gentamicin or any other ingredients of Cosvate G Cream.
- If you have acne or an infection on your face, around your mouth or private parts.
- If you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- If you have an untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 1 year of age and for a nappy rash.
Side effects of Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream
- Burning sensation, itching, irritation, rash, dryness, redness of skin at the area Cosvate G Cream is applied.
- Thinning of the skin.
Precautions and Warnings of Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream
Other General Warnings
- You have or had an allergic reaction to any steroids.
- You are suffering from a skin condition called psoriasis.
- You develop infection or superinfection after using Cosvate G Cream.
- You are applying this medicine on a cut or broken skin or on a larger skin area.
- You should avoid getting any cream into your eyes, nose, mouth, open wounds, armpits, private parts. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
- You develop diarrhoea or stomach cramps.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Cosvate G Cream.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for two weeks.
- Cosvate G Cream must not be used for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
Mode of Action of Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- Cosvate G Cream works by the combined effect of both its components - Clobetasol and Gentamicin.
- Clobetasol is a steroid, which works by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body (prostaglandins) which cause itching, swelling and redness.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic and it works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
Directions for Use of Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream
- Cosvate G Cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Cosvate G Cream is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines which are taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied creams, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or cream....
- Cosvate G Cream should be used with caution along with ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections), as it may increase the risk of having side effects.
Storage and disposal of Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream
- Store Cosvate G Cream in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Cosvate G Tube Of 15gm Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cosvate G Cream?
Q: How to use the Cosvate G Cream?
- Apply a thin film of the cream on the affected area. Do not apply it on cuts and wounds. If you apply an excess of the cream make sure you wipe off the excess. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after usage of the cream. Use the Cosvate G Cream for the exact duration as recommended by the doctor...
Q: Can I stop using Cosvate G Cream if I feel my symptoms are getting better?
Q: Does Cosvate G Cream contain a steriod?
Q: Can I use the Cosvate G Cream every day?
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- DailyMed - GENTAMICIN SULFATE CREAM 0.1% cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Dermovate Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]