Cosmoxyl Suspension 30ml
Cosmoxyl Suspension 30ml Description
Cosmoxyl Suspension is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. This medicine
is specially designed for use in children and should be used under an adult’s supervision. Cosmoxyl Suspension is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. Before giving this medicine to your child, inform your doctor if your child is allergic to any antibiotics or has experienced any allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child.
Uses of Cosmoxyl Suspension 30ml
Contraindications of Cosmoxyl Suspension 30ml
- If your child is allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Cosmoxyl Suspension.
- If your child has a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotics like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If your child had liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Cosmoxyl Suspension 30ml
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Cosmoxyl Suspension 30ml
Other General Warnings
- Your child ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- Your child has had liver, kidney problems (this medicine should not be given to children with impaired kidney function).
- Your child experiences redness of the skin followed by eruptions after taking this medicine.
- Your child develops another infection after taking this medicine.
- Your child has diarrhoea and stomach pain after taking this medicine or even after stopping treatment with Cosmoxyl Suspension.
Mode of Action of Cosmoxyl Suspension 30ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cosmoxyl Suspension 30ml
- Cosmoxyl Suspension should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Read the label carefully before using this medication.
- Use a measuring spoon, cup or dropper for taking out the exact quantities.
Interactions of Cosmoxyl Suspension 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cosmoxyl Suspension works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if your child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Cosmoxyl Suspension with blood thinners such as warfarin, acenocoumarol increases the risk of bleeding. It is advised to regularly monitor the blood tests like PT-INR.
Storage and disposal of Cosmoxyl Suspension 30ml
- Store Cosmoxyl Suspension at or below 25°C in the original packaging.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.