Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains Amiodarone as its active ingredient, which is a medicine used to correct the rhythm of the heart and thus control arrhythmia. Arrhythmia is a disease of the heart in which the heart beats in a rhythm different than usual. However, it can cause side effects affecting the heart, lung, liver, thyroid, etc. Thus, it should be used only under close medical supervision. Take this medicine as instructed by the doctor. Do not miss any dose or stop taking the medicine without first speaking to your doctor.
Uses of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is used to control the uneven beating of the heart or when the heart beats too fast, in conditions where the disorder is not responding to other therapies or when other therapies are not permitted.
Contraindications of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amiodarone or iodine or any other ingredients of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- If you are suffering from any heart problems.
- If you are suffering from thyroid gland dysfunction. It is advisable to perform thyroid function tests before therapy.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting
- Fever, dizziness
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss, Altered taste
- Restlessness, Shakiness
- Increased sweating
- Tiredness, weakness
- Weight gain
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in sleeping or breathing
- Low blood pressure, slow heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used in pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into human milk in a small amount. Hence, its use in breastfeeding mothers should be strictly restricted to situations in which other options are not available.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You may experience blurred vision, dizziness, shakiness due to this medicine. If this happens, then avoid driving or using other machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine, as consuming alcohol in excess can lead to liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your heart, liver.
- You have asthma or any other lung diseases.
- You have any eyesight problems.
- You have problems with your thyroid gland. Keep monitoring the thyroid levels every 6-months.
- You have Stevens-Johnson syndrome (peeling or blistering of the skin, fever and flu-like symptoms).
- You experience a severe skin rash, muscle pain, fever, chills.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- If you experience breathlessness or dry cough, then inform the doctor immediately as it may be associated with pulmonary toxicity.
- Inform your anaesthetist about your medications before undergoing any surgical procedures.
- Avoid skin exposure to the sun and use sun-protective measures during treatment with amiodarone.
- Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets must not be used in patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Rate and rhythm of the beating human heart are maintained by an interplay of various electrolytes in the body, like Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Chloride, etc. In a healthy state, all these electrolytes move in and out of the heart cells through various channels. It is the net movement of these electrolytes that leads to the generation of a signal known as an action potential, which helps the muscles contract and relax and thus helps the beating heart. Any imbalance in the levels of these electrolytes in the heart cells leads to an irregular rate or rhythm of the heart, which further can lead to impaired pumping of the blood, which can be dangerous if not controlled. Amiodarone controls the net movement of these electrolytes and helps to restore the natural rate and rhythm of the heart.
Directions for Use of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets exactly as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken in doses and frequency as prescribed by your doctor and should not be taken for a duration longer than prescribed.read less
Interactions of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or a vaccination scheduled.read less
- This medicine should not be used simultaneously along with medicines used to treat heart problems (solatol, quinidine, etc), medicines used in infections (erythromycin, moxifloxacin, etc), medicines used in psychiatric illness (chlorpromazine, haloperidol, amitriptyline, etc), medicines used in malaria (quinine, halofantrine, etc), medicines used to treat hepatitis C (simeprevir, sofosbuvir).read less
- Medicines like clarithromycin, ciprofloxacin, etc (used in infections), propranolol, verapamil, etc (used in heart problems), bisacodyl, senna, etc (used in constipation), simvastatin, atorvastatin, etc (used to control blood cholesterol) should be used with caution along with this medicine.read less
- Medicines like Amphotericin (used in fungal infections), steroids like betamethasone, general anaesthetics or high dose oxygen used during surgery, water pills or diuretics; may increase the chance of you getting side effects when taken concomitantly along with Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.read less
- Other medicines like Fentanyl, Ergotamine, Midazolam, Lidocaine, Warfarin, Digitalis, Ciclosporin, Sildenafil should be used cautiously with Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Consuming grapefruit juice while on treatment with Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets increases the chances of getting side effects.
Storage and disposal of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets in a cool dry place. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not use after the expiry date, which is the last day of the month stated on the carton. Medicines should not be disposed of with household waste. Ask your local pharmacist for a safe method of disposal as per local guidelines.
Dosage of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- It is important to strictly abide by the dose prescribed by your doctor. In case of accidental overdose, it may lead to liver injury, slowing of heartbeats, heart block leading to a fall in blood pressure and you may experience symptoms like dizziness, unconsciousness, confusion.read less
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are the side effects of Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets reversible?
A: Most of the side effects of this medicine are reversible. However, lung toxicity, if severe, can be long-lasting.
Q: Can this medicine be stopped suddenly?
A: No, Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets helps to maintain the rate and rhythm at which your heartbeats. A sudden withdrawal of this medicine can lead to a change in the heart's rhythm and can be dangerous.
Q: Can Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets cause weight gain?
A: Amiodarone can alter the functioning of the thyroid gland. As it causes the thyroid function to either increase or decrease, the changes in weight can also be on any side. An overactive thyroid gland leads to weight loss and an underactive thyroid gland leads to weight gain.
Q: Is Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets habit-forming?
A: No habit-forming tendencies have been seen with Cordarone X 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved