Comtus Lintus 100ml
Comtus Lintus 100ml Description
Comtus Lintus 100 ml is used for the treatment of dry cough. It contains codeine and chlorpheniramine. Comtus Lintus 100ml is mainly used to relieve cough and symptoms associated with upper respirato
ry allergies or the common cold. It is recommended in adults above 18 years of age. It is not advised for children below 18 years of age because of the risk of serious side effects like breathing problems. Comtus lintus 100ml should be given with caution in elderly patients aged above 65 years. It is a controlled prescription medicine. It can be associated with drug abuse, tolerance, physical and psychological dependence. Careful monitoring is required in such conditions to avoid further complications. Comtus lintus 100 ml should always be taken in the dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹13.53 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine + Codeine + Menthol|
|Uses||relief of cough because of any minor irritations, relief of upper respiratory allergy symptoms temporarily relieves symptoms of runny nose, sneezing and itching of the nose, throat and eyes due to hay fever or any other upper respiratory allergies|
|Side effects||difficulty in breathing, drug dependence, decreased mental alertness, Increased pressure in the brain, Increased sleepiness, confusion|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Comtus Lintus 100ml
- It helps relieve cough because of any minor irritations.
- Comtus Lintus temporarily relieves symptoms of runny nose, sneezing and itching of the nose, throat and eyes due to hay fever or any other upper respiratory allergies.
Contraindications of Comtus Lintus 100ml
Side effects of Comtus Lintus 100ml
- Respiratory Depression (difficulty in breathing)
- Drug dependence
- Impaired physical or mental abilities (Decreased mental alertness)
- Increased pressure in the brain
- Increased sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Comtus Lintus 100ml
Other General Warnings
- Your condition gets worse or there is no improvement
- You have abdominal (stomach) pain, chronic lung disease
- You notice any symptoms of drug abuse and physical dependence (a condition in which the medicine should be continuously administered to prevent the appearance of withdrawal symptoms)
- You have kidney, liver and thyroid (hypothyroidism) problems
- You are planning to have surgery
Mode of Action of Comtus Lintus 100ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Comtus Lintus 100ml
- Take medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Check the medicine label before use.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Always measure the right amount of medicine using a measuring cup.
- It is better to take it a fixed time to get maximum benefits and desired effect.
- You can take this medicine with or without food.
Interactions of Comtus Lintus 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Interaction with other Opioids (like codeine, morphine), anti-anxiety, anti-allergic medications can cause depressant effects in the central nervous system and should be avoided.
- Interaction with antidepressants like sertraline- increase in the effect of antidepressant medications.
- Interaction with anticholinergic drugs like cyclopentolate- can cause xerostomia, constipation and blurred vision.
Interactions with food items
- Unless your doctor suggests, there is no need to avoid any type of food or drink.
Storage and disposal of Comtus Lintus 100ml
Dosage of Comtus Lintus 100ml
- Overdose symptoms include breathing problems, decreased blood pressure, hallucinations, anxiety and seizures. Seek emergency medical treatment and contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Reddy Moulika
BDS, MDS in Periodontics and Implantology
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can comtus lintus 100 ml be given for all age groups?
Q: Is comtus lintus 100 ml a habit forming medication?
- Comtus lintus 100 ml is a controlled III prescription drug that should be prescribed and administered with caution. It causes physical dependence (a condition in which the medicine should be continuously administered to prevent the appearance of withdrawal symptoms)....
- Fda.gov. [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from:
- Europa.eu. [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from:
- Health Canada. Guidance document: Nonprescription oral paediatric cough and cold labelling standard [Internet]. Canada.ca. 2009 [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from:
- Codeine: Various toxicities: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2022 Jan 20];1613(1):88–88. Available from
- Chlorphenamine: drowsy (sedating) antihistamine [Internet]. nhs.uk. [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from