Coltro 20mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Coltro 20mg Tab composition consists of rosuvastatin which belongs to the statin family of medicines that is used to decrease the bad cholesterol, also known as low-density lipoprotein (LDL) in the body.
Uses of Coltro 20mg Tab
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Reduce the risk of a heart attack and prevent stroke
Contraindications of Coltro 20mg Tab
- Liver or kidney problems
- Abnormal liver tests
- Allergic to this medicine
- Addiction to alcohol
- Taking a medicine called cyclosporin
Side effects of Coltro 20mg Tab
- Stomach pain
- Muscle ache
- The patient should immediately report to the treating doctor if any signs of blood in the urine along with muscle pain is observed
- Liver function tests should be monitored as it can cause jaundice and elevated liver enzymes
- Abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
Precautions and Warnings of Coltro 20mg Tab
Can I take Coltro 20mg Tab during pregnancy?
Do not consume the medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning pregnancy. Taking this medicine in pregnancy can be harmful to the foetus. Women of child-bearing age should use effective contraceptives while using this medicine.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
A small amount of this medicine passes into breast milk. Limited data is available on the safety of this medicine during breastfeeding. It is unsafe to consume this medicine if you are planning to breast-feed the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
This medicine does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Coltro 20mg Tab?
Alcohol intake should be reduced; otherwise it can lead to liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are consuming or have consumed a medicine called fusidic acid (a medicine for bacterial infection) in the last 7 days. Fusidic acid and this medicine should not be taken together as they lead to serious muscle problemsread less
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have muscle aches or pains or family history of muscle problems
- You had muscular problems during treatment with other cholesterol-lowering medicines in the past
- You regularly drink alcohol in large amounts
Mode of Action of Coltro 20mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Coltro 20mg Tab inhibits this enzyme, thus lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL levels). It is used for increasing the levels of good cholesterol, also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL).
Directions for Use of Coltro 20mg Tab
Use as directed by your doctor. Do not chew or break this medicine.
Interactions of Coltro 20mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
You should check with your doctor of all possible interactions, as all medicines are known to interact differently from patient to patient.
Interactions with food items
Avoid the intake of grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Not much is known about the interactions with other conditions.
Storage and disposal of Coltro 20mg Tab
Store the medicine at room temperature let it be at a distance from light and moisture. Keep out of reach of children.
Dosage of Coltro 20mg Tab
No side effects of an overdose of Coltro 20mg Tab are known. Kindly consult your doctor in case of overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose take it as quickly as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose, then leave the missed dose. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will the medicine work?
A: You may see results for lowering LDL cholesterol in 2–4 weeks after starting this medicine. Results may vary between individuals. Your doctor may choose adjusting your dosage on follow-up visits to help you reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: What are the precautions to follow?
- This medicine is part of a comprehensive programme to reduce cholesterol levels. Avoid eating foods with high-fat content and exercise regularly for optimum results
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, let the doctor know it
- Tell the doctor if you have any liver/kidney ailment
Q: What if my daily schedule is interfering with my medicine consumption?
A: Try to consume your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting the medicine with some task you do every day, such as brushing your teeth or having breakfast. This may help you in remembering to consume it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to ring at the time you need to consume your medicine. You can also use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: Can I stop the medicine immediately if I feel better?
A: It is always advisable to stop the intake of the medicine gradually, as some medicines have a rebound effect.
Q: What precautions should be taken if an expired tablet of the medicine is taken?
A: Taking a single dose of the expired medicine is unlikely to cause a side effect. However, consult your doctor immediately.
Q: What lifestyle changes shall be done while taking this medicine?
A: Stop smoking Eat a healthy balanced diet, i.e., fruits, vegetables, wholegrain cereals, lean meat, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, legumes, beans, and low-fat dairy products Limit saturated and trans-fats (mostly found in processed meat, butter, full-fat dairy products and deep-fried foods) Limit the intake of salt and alcohol Lose weight and be physically active at least for 30 minutes daily
Q: Can this medicine cause weight gain?
A: This medicine does not cause weight gain. Consult your doctor if any such symptom is noticed.
- NIH.MedlinePlus. Rosuvastatin
- DailyMed. Highlights of Prescribing Information. Rosuvastatin.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Package leaflet: information for the patient. Crestor 20 mg film-coated tablets.
- NCBI. Drugs and lactation database. (LactMed) [Internet]. Rosuvastatin
- Drugbank. Rosuvastatin
- NIH. PubChem. Rosuvastatin
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved