Colimex Drops 10ml
Colimex Drops 10ml Description
Colimex drops is a paediatric medicine. It is used to ease stomach and abdominal pain (cramps) and relieve symptoms of bloating and excess gas. Colimex oral drops are a combination of two medicines,
namely dicycloverine and simethicone. Dicycloverine relaxes the muscles of the gastrointestinal tract and relieves pain. Simethicone helps in releasing the gas and prevents discomfort associated with gas and bloating. This medicine should be used under adults supervision.
|You Save||₹7.39 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(10.0 Mg) + Dimethicone / Polydimethylsiloxane(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Abdominal cramps, gas and pain|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, thirst, dizziness, fatigue|
- Cyclopam DropsBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10ml Oral Drop in BottleMRP 48.00₹ 42.24₹ 4.22/Ml
Uses of Colimex Drops 10ml
- Stomach and abdominal pain (cramps)
- Bloating, gas and belching
Contraindications of Colimex Drops 10ml
- If your child is allergic to dicycloverine, simethicone or any other ingredients of the Colimex drops.
- Colimex oral drops are not to be given to infants under 6 months of age.
Side effects of Colimex Drops 10ml
Precautions and Warnings of Colimex Drops 10ml
Other General Warnings
- Your child has or is suspected to have an eye condition, this medicine needs to be given cautiously.
- Your child has an enlarged prostate gland, then this medicine needs to be given cautiously.
- Your child has a hernia in the stomach, this medicine should be given with precautions as this drug may aggravate the condition.
Mode of Action of Colimex Drops 10ml
How Does It Work?
- Dicycloverine relaxes the muscles of the stomach and intestine, prevents cramps and relieves pain.
- Simethicone is an antifoaming agent. It changes the surface tension of the gas bubbles in the stomach and intestine; thus the gas bubbles burst and the gas is expelled.
Directions for Use of Colimex Drops 10ml
- Give the Colimex oral drops as advised by your doctor.
- Fill enclosed dropper to the recommended dosage level and dispense liquid slowly into baby's mouth.
- Dosage can also be mixed with a cup of cool water, infant formula or other suitable liquids.
- Clean dropper well after each use and replace the original cap. Shake it well before every use.
Interactions of Colimex Drops 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Colimex Drops 10ml
- Store Colimex drops in a cool dry place. Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Colimex Drops 10ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Colimex drops safe for babies?
Q: How does gas form in the stomach? Why does it cause pain?
Q: What are Colimex drops used for?
Q: Are Colicaid and Colimex same?
Q: Does Colimex cause sleep?
Q: How many drops of the Colimex should be given to an infant?
Q: What is the composition of Colimex drops?
Q: Is Colimex a paediatric antispasmodic syrup?
Q: Can we give Colimex daily?
Q: Can I give Colimex drops to my 2 month old baby?
- Dicycloverine Hydrochloride 10mg/5ml Oral Solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 February 2022]
- Dimethicone 410: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2022 [cited 14 February 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 14 February 2022]
- DailyMed - INFANTS GAS RELIEF- simethicone suspension/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 14 February 2022]