By EMPIAI PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Colicure Tablet is used as a pain-relieving and anti-spasmodic medicine. It is used for relieving spasmodic pain associated with stones in the kidney or gallbladder. It is also helpful in treating blockage or obstruction in the intestine and menstrual pain and cramps. It is a combination medicine containing paracetamol and dicyclomine as its active ingredient. Before taking this Tablet, you should tell your doctor about your complete medical and medication history. It should not be used in children below 12 years of age. Take the Tablet exactly as your doctor tells you to take it. Your doctor will tell you how many Colicure Tablets to take and when to take them....
|You Save||₹5.40 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(20.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, constipation, indigestion, loss of appetite|
Check more medicines with composition as Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(20.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Colicure Tablet
Uses of Colicure Tablet
- For relieving spasmodic pain and cramps.
- Renal colic (sharp pain due to a stone in the urinary tract).
- Intestinal colic (cramp-like pain in the intestine).
- Biliary colic (pain in the middle to the upper right area of the stomach).
- Painful menstruation and cramps.
Contraindications of Colicure Tablet
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, dicyclomine or any other ingredients of Colicure Tablet.
- If you are taking any other medicine that contains paracetamol or dicyclomine.
- If you have urinary tract disorder, stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- If you have any heart-related problem or bleeding disorder.
- If you have urinary tract disorder, obstruction in urethra or ureter.
- If you have an eye disorder called glaucoma or you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a muscle-related disorder called myasthenia gravis.
Side effects of Colicure Tablet
- Stomach discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Colicure Tablet
Can I take Colicure Tablet during pregnancy?
Colicure Tablets can be used during pregnancy only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Colicure Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Colicure Tablet passes into human milk. Hence, this medicine should not be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Colicure Tablet?
Colicure Tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Colicure Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Colicure Tablet on alcohol. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems if you are taking this medicine and consume alcohol along.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart diseases or high blood pressure.
- You have muscle weakness or glaucoma.
- You have problems with your intestines, liver or kidney.
- You have a fever, as you need to be cautious while consuming this medicine.
- You have a prostate disorder or an enlarged prostate gland.
- You have indigestion or heartburn due to a hiatus hernia.
- You are allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs used to treat pain.
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol.
- Colicure Tablet should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
- It should be used with caution in older people as they may be more sensitive to the side effects.
Mode of Action of Colicure Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Colicure Tablet acts via combined action of paracetamol and dicyclomine.
- Paracetamol works by inhibiting the production of a chemical substance prostaglandin by blocking an enzyme responsible for prostaglandin synthesis, responsible for the pain, swelling and inflammatory responses....
- Dicyclomine acts on smooth muscles of the uterus, urethra, intestine and bile duct and helps in relieving pain. It relaxes the muscles and improves the cramps and spasm.
Directions for Use of Colicure Tablet
- Colicure Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Colicure Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Colicure may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concurrent use of Colicure Tablet along with medicines to treat glaucoma like timolol, bimatoprost, latanoprost and medicine to reduce cholesterol like cholestyramine is not recommended.
- Concurrent use of this medicine along with blood thinners like warfarin and antivitamin K can increase the risk of bleeding. Thus, this medicine should be used with caution.
- You may experience increased side effects when taken along with medicines to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine, anti-allergy medicines like phenothiazines, pain relief medicines like meperidine....
Storage and disposal of Colicure Tablet
- Store Colicure Tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Colicure Tablet
An overdose of Colicure Tablet may cause headache, dizziness, nausea, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, dilated pupils and dry skin. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Colicure Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Colicure a painkiller?
A: Yes, it can be used as a painkiller. It is primarily prescribed for relieving the cramps and pain during and before menses.
Q: What are Colicure Tablets used for?
A: Colicure Tablet is used for relieving spasmodic pain and cramps associated with renal colic (sharp pain due to a stone in the urinary tract), intestinal colic (cramp-like pain in the intestine), biliary colic (pain in the middle to the upper right area of the stomach) and painful menstruation.
Q: Can I take Colicure for stomach pain?
A: Stomach pain could occur due to various condition such as indigestion, infection and inflammatory conditions. You should not use Colicure for any condition without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can Colicure be taken empty stomach?
A: You should avoid taking this medicine in an empty stomach to avoid stomach discomforts.
Q: Can Colicure Tablet be used for children?
A: Colicure Tablet is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
Q: Can Colicure be taken for period pain?
A: Yes, it can be used for relieving the cramps and pain during and before menses.
Q: Can Colicure be used for headache and toothache?
A: No, you should not use this medicine for headache or toothache as it may not be effective in such pains.
Q: How long can Colicure be taken?
A: Colicure should not be used for more than 7 days unless told by the doctor. If the pain persists, consult your doctor. It should preferably be taken with food or after food.
Q: Does Colicure cause constipation?
A: Constipation is one of the side effects that can be seen in some individuals during the treatment with Colicure. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Dicycloverine 10 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Dicycloverine 10 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Baralgan Tablet [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.