Clotsafe 75 MG Description
Clotsafe Tablet is an antiplatelet medicine. This Tablet reduces the risk of formation of blood clots in the blood vessels and reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke and heart-related chest pain. I
t contains clopidogrel as an active ingredient. Clotsafe inhibits the activity of an enzyme responsible for blood clotting. Along with the Clotsafe, a slight modification in lifestyle including a healthy diet, avoiding smoke and alcohol, weight loss, etc is more helpful to manage the heart condition. Take Clotsafe as advised by your doctor.
Uses of Clotsafe 75 MG
- It is used to prevent blood clots after heart procedures like stenting, peripheral vascular disease, heart attack and strokes.
- It is used to treat unstable angina or chest pain.
Contraindications of Clotsafe 75 MG
- If you are allergic to clopidogrel or other components of the Clotsafe Tablet.
- If you suffer from a condition that causes bleeding like a stomach ulcer or bleeding inside the brain.
- If you have a severe liver disorder.
Side effects of Clotsafe 75 MG
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Abnormal bleeding or bruising
Precautions and Warnings of Clotsafe 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from a blood disorder.
- You had a brain stroke or blood clot inside the brain.
- You have kidney or liver disease.
- You suffer from Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP) - a condition causing fever and bruising under the skin, with or without tiredness, confusion, jaundice.
- You have an allergy to a particular medicine.
- You are undergoing surgery (dental procedures included).
- Clotsafe Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Clotsafe 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clotsafe 75 MG
Interactions of Clotsafe 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes medicine affects the way other medicines work, and other medicines affect how the medicine works if taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you take or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you are taking medicines like other blood thinners like warfarin or anti-platelet medicines like aspirin, heparin, painkillers, medicines used for brain-related disorders like fluoxetine, anti-HIV medicine, etc as concomitant use of these medicines with Clotsafe Tablet increase the risk of bleeding....
- Simultaneous use of antacids like omeprazole decreases the effectiveness of the Clotsafe Tablet if taken along.
- Other medicines that must be used with caution are anti-cancer medicines, anti-diabetics, anti-epileptic medicines or anti-fungal antibiotics like fluconazole.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Clotsafe 75 MG
- Store at a cool and dry place away from direct heat or moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Clotsafe 75 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When and how I must take the Clotsafe Tablet?
Q: Is Clotsafe Tablet a blood thinner?
Q: Is Clotsafe a steroid?
- Clopidogrel 75 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Clopidogrel [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Clopidogrel 75 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]