Clotas Md 0.5mg Tablets
Clotas 0.5 MG Description
Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets are used generally for the treatment of panic attacks and symptoms of seizures. Anxiety is generally related to excessive nervousness and worrying. It affects the overall beh
aviour of a person. Seizures, on the other hand, are related to unusual behaviour and body sensations that can lead to involuntary body movements. Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets contain clonazepam as the chief ingredient. It belongs to the category of medications called benzodiazepines. Clonazepam affects our central nervous system(brain). It calms the brain and decreases the electrical impulses inside it to control the symptoms of anxiety and epilepsy(seizures). Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets should be consumed only if recommended by a doctor, as it can be habit-forming. Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets should be used with caution in people with a known heart, kidney, or liver condition, and in people above 65 years of age. A dose adjustment may be needed in such patients from time to time. Since Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets can cause dizziness, any activity that requires strenuous physical activity should be avoided. Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets may cause serious breathing problems in some people. Get medical help in case you experience a problem in breathing.
Uses of Clotas 0.5 MG
- Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets are used in,
- Treatment of symptoms associated with seizures
- Treatment of panic attacks
Contraindications of Clotas 0.5 MG
- If you are hypersensitive to clonazepam, other benzodiazepines, or the inactive components of Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tabs
- If you are pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding a child
- If you have glaucoma
- If you have any lung disease
Side effects of Clotas 0.5 MG
- Joint pain
- Blurred vision
- Changes in sex drive
- Difficulty in remembering things
Precautions and Warnings of Clotas 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are taking other antidepressants
- You are taking any other medications for anxiety
- You are taking sleeping pills
- You have planned for a dental or any other general surgery
- You drink alcohol regularly
- You experience side effects that are persistent or get worse
- You have difficulty in breathing
- You are more than 65 years old
- You are planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding
- You have any kidney, lung, or liver disease
- You have any suicidal thoughts after taking Clotas MD Tabs
- You have a problem with your vision
Mode of Action of Clotas 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clotas 0.5 MG
- Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Swallow Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not chew, break, or crush it.
- Avoid using Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets if the seal of the packet is not intact.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets at the same time every day for the prescribed duration.
- Do not allow anyone else to use your medications as dosage amounts may vary from person to person.
- Do not stop taking or alter the dosage of Clotas MD Tabs without consulting with your doctor.
Interactions of Clotas 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tabs are known to interact with the following medicines.
- Acetazolamide- risk of having adverse side effects may increase
- Acyclovir- may decrease the excretion rate of clonazepam
- Benoxaprofen- may decrease the excretion rate of clonazepam
- Benzphetamine- may cause increased severity of adverse effects
- Codeine- risk of adverse effects gets increased
- Diazepam- risk of adverse effects may increase
Interactions with food items
- No adverse interaction of Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets with any food is known yet. However, you should strictly follow the dietary instructions as advised by your doctor.
- In case of any fluctuation in weight, consult a dietician and exercise regularly.
Storage and disposal of Clotas 0.5 MG
Dosage of Clotas 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any chance of developing a habit of Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets?
Q: I have been taking Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets for the past 1 month and have not experienced any benefits so far. What should I do?
Q: I have a history of liver disease. Should I take Clotas MD 0.5 mg Tablets?
- 2022. [online] Available at: <https://cdscoonline.gov.in/CDSCO/Drugs> [Accessed 20 March 2022].
- Drugs, H., 2022. Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682279.html> [Accessed 20 March 2022].
- Vsearch.nlm.nih.gov. 2022. MedlinePlus - Search Results for: clonazepam. [online] Available at: <https://vsearch.nlm.nih.gov/vivisimo/cgi-bin/query-meta?v%3Aproject=medlineplus&v%3Asources=medlineplus-bundle&query=clonazepam&_gl=1*f12jnz*_ga*OTA0MDAzMzIxLjE2NDI2Mjc4NjY.*_ga_7147EPK006*MTY0NzgxNTU0NS41Ny4wLjE2NDc4MTU1NDUuMA..*_ga_P1FPTH9PL4*MTY0NzgxNTU0NS4zLjAuMTY0NzgxNTU0NS4w&_ga=2.250931330.546537244.1647802433-904003321.1642627866> [Accessed 20 March 2022].