Clopam 1mg Tablets
Clopam 1 MG Description
Clopam Tablet is a prescription medication primarily used for the treatment of mood disorders like anxiety disorders, depression and panic disorder. It is also used treatment of epilepsy. Epilepsy is
a condition caused by abnormal over excitation of the brain cells. Clopam Tablet reduces abnormal and excessive nerve cell activity, which helps relax the brain and thus helps in stabilising the seizure. Clopam Tablet contains clonazepam as an active ingredient. Clonazepam reduces the excessive neurological activity in the brain by increasing certain chemical messengers and inducing feelings of calmness. Clopam Tablet should be taken in dosage and duration as advised by your doctor. This medicine should not be taken without consulting a doctor as there are many side effects associated with this medicine.
|You Save||₹6.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Panic disorder, Comorbid depression, Seizure or Epilepsy|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Fatigue, Muscle weakness, Blurred vision, Memory impairment, Difficulty speaking, Increased salivation|
Uses of Clopam 1 MG
- As per CDSCO, Clopam Tablet is used for-
- Anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Comorbid depression (depression associated with other mood illnesses)
- Seizure or epilepsy
Contraindications of Clopam 1 MG
- If you’re allergic to any component of the Clopam Tablet i.e. clonazepam.
- If you are already taking antidepressants, anti-anxiety or sedative medications.
- If you are taking narcotic or opioid pain relievers.
- If you have myasthenia gravis, a condition that causes muscle weakness.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma( abnormally increases the fluid pressure in the eyes)
- If you have respiratory depression, which is a slow and steady decline in breathing.
- If you are experiencing sudden mood changes or suicidal ideation
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you’ve a history of alcohol or medicine addiction.
- If you have respiratory problems like sleep apnea or asthma etc.
Side effects of Clopam 1 MG
- Muscle weakness
- Blurred vision
- Memory impairment
- Difficulty speaking
- Increased salivation
Precautions and Warnings of Clopam 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking Clopam Tablet.
- You have any sudden mood changes, self-harming thoughts or suicidal ideation.
- You experience any severe side effects persistently.
- Your symptoms do not resolve, or there is a condition worsening.
- You are an older adult over 65.
- You have mild or severe liver and kidney disease.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like agitation, nausea, tremor, sweating and confusion.
- You are using any ayurvedic or herbal medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements.
Mode of Action of Clopam 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clopam 1 MG
- Take the Clopam Tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
- You can take this medicine with or without food or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take this medicine on a regular schedule, preferably at the same time every day.
- Swallow the whole tablet orally, with a glass of water. Do not break/crush the tablet or chew this medicine.
- Do not take this tablet with other medications as it may lead to drug interaction.
- Don’t exceed the dosage without consulting a doctor.
- Do not stop consumption of this medication abruptly, as it may lead to withdrawal side effects.
Interactions of Clopam 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor what medications, herbal products, vitamins and nutritional supplements you’re taking or plan to take as there is a chance of medicine Interaction. Many medicines can interact with Clopam Tablet, making it less effective or increasing side effects. This includes -...
- Interaction with opioid or narcotic pain relievers such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine can increase the side effects like drowsiness.
- Interaction with antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like fluoxetine and desipramine can cause increased side effects
- Interaction with antifungal medications like itraconazole and ketoconazole can reduce its effects.
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid caffeine-containing foods like cola, tea, coffee, chocolates, etc. as it may reduce the ability of this medication to calm the brain, and the condition may worsen.
Storage and disposal of Clopam 1 MG
Dosage of Clopam 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Zishan Ahmad
Final year MBBS Student
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Clopam Tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Can I discontinue taking Clopam Tablet on my own after I feel improvement in my symptoms?
Q: For how long should I take the Clopam Tablet to notice its desirable effects?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 5 March 2022]. Available from:
- Clonazepam: medicine to control seizures or fits, muscle spasms and restless legs syndrome [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 5 March 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 5 March 2022]. Available from:
- [Internet]. Rxlist.com. 2022 [cited 5 March 2022]. Available from:
- DailyMed - clonazepam- Clonazepam tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 March 2022]. Available from: