Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream
Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream Description
Clop-G cream is a combination medicine. It is used for the treatment of inflammation and swelling in the various skin conditions where secondary bacterial infection is present, suspected or likely to
occur. This cream helps in reducing the symptoms like redness, swelling and itchiness. It contains clobetasol and gentamicin. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties and Gentamicin is an antibacterial agent. Clop-G cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹5.34 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clobetasol Propionate(0.05 %W/W) + Gentamicin(0.1 %W/W)|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream
Contraindications of Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream
- If you are allergic to Clobetasol, Gentamicin or any of the ingredients in this medicine
- It should not be used for treating infection in your private parts, face, acne, around mouth and skin perforations
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem
- You should not use this cream if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections
- This medicine should not be used in children below 1 year of age and for nappy rash
Side effects of Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream
Other General Warnings
- If you have any allergic reaction to any steroids in the past
- If you have psoriasis, as there are chances of decrease effectiveness gradually, you should visit your doctor periodically
- If you develop infection or superinfection after using this medicine
- If you are applying this cream on a cut or broken skin or on a larger part of the skin
- If you are using Clop-G skin cream on the face as it should be applied for a minimum time and as directed by your doctor
- You should avoid getting any cream into your eyes, eyelids, nose, mouth, open wounds, armpits, genitals and anus. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part with lots of water
- Clop-G cream should not be used in children below the age of 1 year
- The long term use of this medicine in children below 12 years should be avoided
- It should be avoided if you develop diarrhoea or abdominal cramps, consult your treating physician at the earliest
- Using Clop-G for a long time without proper medical guidance is not recommended. This may cause the growth of fungi at the site of application which may lead to the development of itching and scaling. In this case, it is advised to stop applying the medication and consult your treating physician...
Mode of Action of Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- Clop-G cream works by the combined action of its two components. During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection
Directions for Use of Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream
- Use Clop-G cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions
- For external use only, read the label carefully before applying the cream
- Wash your hands before and after using Clop-G cream unless your hands are the area to be treated
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream rinse your eyes with clean water immediately
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 7 days, you should consult your doctor
Interactions of Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Clop-G cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions...
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Gentamicin & Clobetasol, any interactions seen with these 2 components when taken alone may occur with this combination...
- Concomitant use of this cream along with medicines like Ritonavir (used to treat AIDS) and Itraconazole (an antifungal medicine). These medicines decrease the breakdown of steroids in the body. This causes an increase in levels of steroids in blood and increases the risk of side effects...
Storage and disposal of Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream
- Store Clop-G cream below 25°C in a clean and dry place
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Do not use expired medicines and promptly discard them
Dosage of Clop G Tube Of 30gm Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How will I come to know if I am allergic to Clop G cream?
Q: Can I stop taking Clop-G skin cream when I feel better?
Q: Can I use it for my child who is more than 1 year old?
Q: I heard from my friend that Clop-G cream is good for dark spots. How much should I apply for it?
Q: Can I use Clop G every day?
- DailyMed. Gentamicin Sulfate Cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- American Association of Dermatologists - Dark spots [Internet]. AAD.org. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Clobetasol/Gentamicin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2022]