Clonate 0.05% Lotion 25ml
By HEGDE AND HEGDE PHARMACEUTICA LLP
25ml Lotion in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clonate Lotion contains Clobestol. It is a steroidal Lotion that is to be applied to the skin. It is used to reduce various disorders associated with skin such as red bumpy scaly patches (Psoriasis), severe itching associated with heat or sweating, purple-coloured patches with itching and swelling (Lichen planus). This Lotion should be used as per the directions given by the doctor. This Lotion should not be used for any other skin conditions other than it is prescribed for. Using this Lotion for any other conditions can worsen the existing skin disorders. It should not be overused or over applied. It should not be discontinued without consulting the doctor. In case you experience any severe side effects then contact your doctor immediately....
|You Save||₹29.34 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Itching at the site of application, burning sensation, dry Skin, pigmentation issues|
Check more medicines with composition as Clobetasol(0.05 %)
Uses of Clonate 0.05 %
- For the treatment of skin conditions such as Psoriasis.
Contraindications of Clonate 0.05 %
- If you are allergic to Clobetasol propionate or any of the ingredients of Clonate Lotion.
- If you have acne.
- If you have itchy skin (Pruritis) without inflammation.
- If you have itching in the genital or anal area.
- If you have rashes and redness around the mouth.
Side effects of Clonate 0.05 %
- Itching at the site of application
- Burning sensation at the site of application
- Dry Skin
- Pigmentation issues
- Increased acne
Precautions and Warnings of Clonate 0.05 %
Can I use this medicine during pregnancy?
There is no information available on the safe use of Clonate Lotion during pregnancy. Topical steroids are associated with foetal abnormalities if absorbed in a significant amount. Therefore, it should only be used if the benefits outweigh the risks and it should be used for the smallest possible duration in a minimum dosage.
Can I use Clonate Lotion while breastfeeding?
There is no information available on the safety of Clonate Lotion in lactating women. Hence, it should only be considered if the expected benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the infant. Avoid application on areas near the breast to prevent accidental ingestion by a breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have applied Clonate Lotion?
There is no significant evidence of the effect of this medication on driving.
Can I consume alcohol after using this Lotion?
There is no known interaction of this medication with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an infection or allergy while using this medicine, inform your doctor.
- Please make sure to clean the skin before applying this medicine and do not apply near the eyes or eyelids.
- You should not use this Lotion for more than 5 days, specifically on the face. If there is no improvement in the infection consult your doctor.
- Prolonged use of this Lotion is associated with a disease called Cushing syndrome characterised by fatty hump between shoulders, round swollen face and purple-coloured stretch marks.
Mode of Action of Clonate 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts by decreasing the action of chemicals responsible for causing the swelling and itching in the body. Thus, it is used for treating skin conditions such as psoriasis, allergies and eczema....
Directions for Use of Clonate 0.05 %
- You should apply the specified amount to the affected area as advised by the doctor.
- Clean the skin before applying for medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the Lotion on the affected area.
- Avoid contact with eyes and do not ingest the medication.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying the medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Interactions of Clonate 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Clonate Lotion should be applied to the skin locally to the affected area. Hence, it is unlikely to interact with any other medications. However, it is important to avoid using any other skincare product over this Lotion. It might interfere with the effect of this Lotion....
- It is also important to inform your doctor about all the medicines that are being used and any underlying medical conditions.
Storage and disposal of Clonate 0.05 %
- Clonate Lotion should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and moist areas.
- Keep it away from children.
- Discard the expired product and do not use it beyond the stated expiry date.
Dosage of Clonate 0.05 %
- Chances of an overdose are unlikely as it is meant for topical application. However, significant misuse and excess application can lead to symptoms like easy bruising, increased acne or facial hair, thinning of the skin and menstrual problems. If you have applied too much of this Lotion wipe off the extra Lotion with the help of cotton or tissue....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any habitual tendencies associated with this medicine?
A: There is no evidence of any habitual tendencies with this medicine.
Q: Can this medicine be used as an antifungal?
A: This medicine is not antifungal. It is a very potent steroid that reduces skin inflammation.
Q: Is the use of Clonate Lotion dangerous?
A: A severe allergic reaction is rare. However, it is advisable to get medical help if you observe any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction such as rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness or difficulty in breathing.
Q: Can I use this medication on my 4-month-old child?
A: No, do not use this Lotion in children as their skin is delicate and can lead to significant absorption and associated side effects.
Q: Can I use this medicine if I am pregnant or planning to have a child?
A: No, you should not use this Lotion if you are pregnant or planning for a baby. Significant absorption from the skin can lead to foetal abnormalities. However, the doctor may perhaps prescribe it if the benefits of the treatment outweigh the risks.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.