Clomach 100mg Tab
By LA PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clomach 100 mg tablets belong to the class of atypical antipsychotic. It is primarily used to treat schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a condition characterised by symptoms like delirium, hallucinations, and abnormal thinking process. Clomach 100 mg tablet contains Clozapine as its active ingredient. Some of the most common side effects of the medicine are dryness of the mouth, constipation, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, and low blood pressure. These side effects are mild and should not disrupt your day-to-day life activities. However, if these side effects bother you, you should consult your doctor. You should inform your doctor if you have a prolactinoma, breast cancer, diabetes mellitus, and are pregnant. This medicine should not be prescribed in such conditions. Clomach 100 mg tablets should be prescribed with precaution in the elderly and those who have kidney or liver disease. This medicine can cause weight gain and an increase in blood lipid levels. Exercising regularly and maintaining a healthy lifestyle can help you maintain your weight....
Uses of Clomach 100 MG
- Clomach 100 mg tablets are used to treat schizophrenia.
Contraindications of Clomach 100 MG
- Clomach 100 mg tablets are contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you have a condition called prolactinoma. Prolactinoma is a tumour in the endocrine gland of our body. A Clomach 100 mg tablet can worsen the condition
- If you have had allergic reactions to its use in the past
- If you have are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- If you are a child below 15 years of age
- If you are a breastfeeding female as it decreases the secretion of breastmilk
- If you have pre-existing kidney disease, Clomach 100 mg tablets should be prescribed with caution as the medicine excretes out through the kidney
- If you have liver disease, the dose has to be modified
- If you have conditions like pheochromocytoma (tumour of the adrenal gland), Clomach 100 mg tablets should not be prescribed
- If you have heart disease, Clomach 100 mg tablets should be prescribed with caution as it can increase the chances of stroke
- If you have a history of convulsions, dose modification should be done as Clomach 100 mg tablets decrease the threshold of seizure
Side effects of Clomach 100 MG
- The common side effects of Cloman 100 mg tablets are as follows:
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Low blood pressure levels
- Involuntary muscle contractions
Precautions and Warnings of Clomach 100 MG
Can I take a Clomach 100 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Clomach 100 mg tablets should not be taken during pregnancy. It causes abnormal movements of limbs and withdrawal symptoms like agitation, feeding difficulties, decrease in respiratory rate, tremor and sedation in babies.
Can I take a Clomach 100 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advisable to take Clomach 100 mg tablets during breastfeeding as it can pass through the breastmilk and cause adverse effects like sedation, lethargy, poor feeding and low blood pressure levels in the baby. Clomach 100 mg tablets can decrease the secretion of breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have taken a Clomach 100 mg tablet?
It would help if you did not drive after taking a Clomach 100 mg tablet because this medicine causes drowsiness and lethargy. You should avoid operating any machinery as it causes impairment in judgment.
Can I consume alcohol with the Clomach 100 mg tablet?
It would help if you did not consume alcohol with a Clomach 100 mg tablet as the combination increases the severity of side effects like drowsiness and palpitations.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes and taking a Clomach 100 mg tablet. Blood sugar should be monitored at regular intervals.
- You have liver disease and have been prescribed Clomach 100 mg tablets; you should regularly get your liver function tests.
- You must get your blood examination done at regular intervals as Clomach 100 mg tablet can decrease blood cell counts.
- You are above the age of 65 years and taking Clomach 100 mg tablets as this medicine increases the chances of stroke in the elderly.
- You must inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking to avoid any adverse reaction.
- You experience difficulty in breathing, fever, chest pain, or fast breathing, immediately consult a doctor as these symptoms may signify myocarditis ( swelling of heart muscle) or cardiomyopathy (thickening of the heart muscle)....
- You should inform your doctor if you have had any heart disease in the past. Clomach 100 mg tablet may increase the chances of heart failure.
- You should also inform your doctor about any episode of convulsion that you may have had in the past.
- You should not smoke while taking this medicine as tobacco decreases the efficacy of Clomach 100 mg tablets.
Mode of Action of Clomach 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Clomach 100 mg tablet contains Clozapine as its active ingredient. Clozapine belongs to the group of atypical antipsychotics. This medicine binds to the dopamine receptors in the nerve endings. An increase in the concentration of chemical substances like dopamine helps eliminate symptoms like low mood, low energy and anxiety....
Directions for Use of Clomach 100 MG
- Take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Seek medical help immediately if you have any side effects.
- Make sure that the treatment is complete.
- Do not discontinue using this medication without consulting your physician first.
- Keep the medicines in the container with the lid tightly closed.
Interactions of Clomach 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidepressants (bupropion, fluoxetine) cause drowsiness and impairment in judgement.
- Anticoagulants (warfarin) as a combination increases the chances of bleeding.
- Barbiturate (phenobarbital or secobarbital) causes sedation when used with Clomach 100 mg tablets.
- Medicines used in treating mania like lithium increase the chances of coarse tremors.
- Bronchodilators (ipratropium or tiotropium) can increase the chances of tremors.
- Antihistamines (cetirizine) as they cause drowsiness.
- Cough medicine (dextromethorphan) increases the chances of drowsiness and dryness of the mouth.
- Antiarrhythmics (propafenone, flecainide) as the combination can increase the chances of palpitations and abnormalities in the heart rhythm.
- Antifungals (ketoconazole) as Clomach 100 mg tablets decrease the efficacy of the medicine.
- Antacids (Cimetidine, Omeprazole) decreases the absorption of the Clomach 100 mg tablets.
- Anti-epileptics like phenytoin as Clomach 100 mg tablet can decrease the metabolism of phenytoin, leading to an increase in the concentration of phenytoin in the blood.
Interactions with food items
- There are no known adverse reactions between food and Clomach 100 mg tablets. You should avoid taking caffeinated beverages while taking Clomach 100g tablet.
Storage and disposal of Clomach 100 MG
Keep this medicine packed in the packet or container it came in. Keep it in a cool and dry place, at a temperature below 30°C. Store it according to the package or label’s directions. Dispose of the unused medicine with caution. Make sure that this medication is not accessible to kids or pets....
Dosage of Clomach 100 MG
Taking more than the recommended dose of Clomach 100 mg tablets can cause symptoms like decreased heart rate, low blood pressure, sedation, convulsions, and coma. You should immediately consult a doctor or rush to the nearby emergency room....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a Clomach 100 mg tablet dose, you should take it as soon as possible. However, if it is time for the next dose to be taken, you may skip the dose and continue with your normal schedule. You should not take two doses at a time to compensate for the missed dose. However, if you have missed two doses of the medicine, you should inform your doctor. The treatment may have to start again with a lower dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can a Clomach 100 mg tablet be stopped as soon as I feel better?
A: You should take a Clomach 100 mg tablet at a dose and for a duration as prescribed by your doctor. You should not stop taking the medicine abruptly. You may experience worsening of your symptoms if you do so. You may experience withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sweating, restlessness and fatigue. The dose of the medicine should be gradually reduced and then stopped.
Q: Why are regular blood tests recommended while taking a Clomach 100 mg tablet?
A: Clomach 100 mg tablets can cause a serious side effect called agranulocytosis. Agranulocytosis is a condition in which the white blood cells in the blood decrease drastically. This makes the person prone to infections. Though the side effect is rare, blood tests are recommended while taking a Clomach 100 mg tablet to prevent this serious side effect.
Q: What should I do if I notice a change in taste after taking a Clomach 100 mg tablet? Is it normal?
A: Clomach 100 mg tablet can cause changes in perception of taste. It is a known side effect of this medicine. You can rinse your mouth with a salt and soda bicarbonate solution before having your meals to improve your taste
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.