Clavidur 625mg Tablet
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clavidur Tablet is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It belongs to a 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. Clavidur Tablet is used to treat bacte
rial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in this medicine work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or worsens....
Uses of Clavidur 625mg Tablet
Clavidur Tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, like sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Clavidur 625mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Clavidur Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Clavidur 625mg Tablet
- Infection of skin and nails
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Clavidur 625mg Tablet
Can I take Clavidur Tablet during pregnancy?
- The use of Clavidur Tablet during pregnancy should be avoided, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine after considering it to be necessary and safe.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Clavidur Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Clavidur Tablet pass into the breastmilk & is known to cause fungal infection of the mouth and diarhoea in your baby. Thus, it is recommended not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clavidur Tablet?
If you experience symptoms such as dizziness, fits after taking Clavidur Tablet, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Clavidur Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Clavidur Tablet.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
Mode of Action of Clavidur 625mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Clavidur Tablet acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the bacteria, thus killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Clavidur 625mg Tablet
Clavidur Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems. Take it as prescribed by your doctor for the exact duration t
o gain optimal benefits. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet....
Interactions of Clavidur 625mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too....Read more
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Clavidur 625mg Tablet
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original packaging.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Clavidur 625mg Tablet
- Taking Clavidur Tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of the therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Clavidur Tablet?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Clavidur Tablet?
A: Never take Clavidur Tablet if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Will Clavidur Tablet treat Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A: Yes, Clavidur Tablet will help in treating Urinary tract infection (UTI) caused due by various bacterial organisms.
Q: Is Clavidur Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Clavidur Tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic, used to kill and stop the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Q: Is Clavidur Tablet safe and effective?
A: Yes, Clavidur Tablet is safe and effective when taken in the prescribed dose and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. However, if you experience any side effects after taking this medicine reach out to your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹18.9 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection, indigestion|
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved