Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection Description
Clavam Powder For Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the ear, throat, respiratory tract, stomach, skin and soft tissues, urinary tract, etc. It is a comb
ination medicine containing two antibiotics amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. This medicine will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic. Please follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after careful assessment of your underlying condition.
|You Save||₹21.07 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(200.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(1.0 G)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Clavulanic Acid(200.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(1.0 G)
Uses of Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- For the treatment of bacterial infections of the sinus, ear, throat, lungs, airways, urinary tract, skin, soft tissue, bone, joints, abdomen, genitals, etc.
- To prevent infections associated with surgeries such as surgery in the gastrointestinal tract, head, neck, kidney, heart, pelvic cavity, biliary tract and joint replacement.
Contraindications of Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Clavam Powder For Injection.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam or carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Precautions and Warnings of Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Can I take Clavam Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential or needed.
Can I take Clavam Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of Clavam Powder For Injection passes into breastmilk. Lactating women should watch their babies for fungal infections in the mouth and diarrhoea. Breastfeeding should be discontinued in case you observe any of these symptoms in the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Clavam Powder For Injection?
Clavam Powder For Injection may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions. You should be cautious or avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Clavam Powder For Injection?
There is no interaction known between this medicine and alcohol. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment as it can worsen some of the side effects of this medicine such as dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking this injection.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin or cephalosporins.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys or you are elderly.
- You experience fatigue, fever, sore throat, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with Clavam Powder For Injection.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You have difficulty in passing urine or unable to urinate completely.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better.
Mode of Action of Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
How Does It Work?
- Clavam Powder For Injection acts by killing the bacteria responsible for the infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps amoxicillin to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Clavam Powder For Injection will be given to you in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine. Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare....
Interactions of Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Clavam Powder For Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners like warfarin, acenocoumarol, medicines to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid, medicines to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate and methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer)....
Storage and disposal of Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Store Clavam Powder For Injection below 25°C, protect if from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Clavam 1.2gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Clavam Powder For Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse, thus the chances of an overdose are less because the treatment and the dose will be specific to the patient. However, in case of any discomfort after or during the treatment with this medicine, it should be informed immediately to the doctor....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when Clavam Powder For Injection should be given to you. So, it is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Clavam Powder For Injection?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment with Clavam Powder For Injection or any antibiotics.
Q: I have a penicillin allergy, can I take Clavam Powder For Injection?
A: No, you should not take Clavam Powder For Injection if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed