Citralka Bottle Of 100ml Oral Liquid
Citralka 1.53 GM/5ML Description
Citralka syrup is used for treating gout and certain kidney stones. It alkalizes urine by increasing the pH of urine, this increases the solubility of uric acid and gets it out of the body through ur
ine. Citralka liquid contains disodium hydrogen citrate as its active component. This liquid inhibits the production of uric acid in the body. Thereby leads to decrease in the gouty attacks and preventing kidney stones. It should be taken in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Shake the bottle well, before each use. You must have plenty of water when taking the Citralka liquid.
|You Save||₹15.73 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Disodium Hydrogen Citrate(1.53 Gm/5ml)|
|Uses||Urinary tract infection, kidney stones, gout|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, weakness|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR RENAL CALCULI|
Uses of Citralka 1.53 GM/5ML
- Citralka liquid is used in the treatment of gout (increased levels of uric acid) and kidney stones.
- It is also used to treat urinary tract infection and metabolic disorders caused by kidney diseases.
Contraindications of Citralka 1.53 GM/5ML
- If you are allergic to citric acid or any other ingredients of Citralka liquid.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have high sodium or potassium levels.
- If you have high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat or heart failure.
- If you have low calcium levels.
- If you have lung disease.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have Addison's disease (an adrenal gland disorder).
Side effects of Citralka 1.53 GM/5ML
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Citralka 1.53 GM/5ML
- Citralka liquid is not recommended during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy.
- You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby before starting this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You are diabetic
- You have kidney disease
- You are suffering from chronic diarrhoea (such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease)
- Do not alter the dose of Citralka liquid by yourself
- Take Citralka liquid after food for better absorption and to avoid stomach-related side effects
Directions for Use of Citralka 1.53 GM/5ML
- Citralka liquid should be taken as per your doctor's advice.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity.
- Mix a prescribed dose of Citralka liquid in a glass of water and drink slowly.
Storage and disposal of Citralka 1.53 GM/5ML
- Citralka liquid should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Citralka 1.53 GM/5ML
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Citralka 1.53 GM/5ML
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Citralka 1.53 GM/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Citralka liquid may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparation....
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of this syrup.
- Citralka liquid may interact with Aspirin, talk to your doctor before starting with Citralka liquid
- Other medicines that can interact with Citralka are Lithium, Quinidine and Salicylate
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the cause of Gout?
Q: How to use Citralka liquid?
Q: Can Citralka be given to children?
Q: Can Citralka be taken during pregnancy?
Q: Does Citralka liquid dissolve kidney stones?
Q: How many days can we use Citralka?
Q: How long will Citralka take to work?
Q: Is Citralka a diuretic?
Q: Is Citralka an ototoxic drug?
Q: Is Citralka an antibiotic?
Q: Is Citralka syrup used for urine infection?
Q: Why should Citralka not be given on an empty stomach?
Q: Is there any Citralka liquid alternative?
Q: Can I take antibiotics along with Citralka liquid?
Q: Can we take Citralka without water?
Q: Can I stop taking the Citralka, if I feel an improvement?
Q: How many times can we take Citralka in a day?
Q: How long can one take Citralka?
Q: Can Citralka cure UTI?
- Cytra-K (potassium citrate/citric acid) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 14 December 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 December 2021]
- Sodium citrate and citric acid [Internet]. 2021 [cited 14 December 2021]