Cipladine 5% Oint 125gm
By CIPLA GX
125g Ointment in Tube
30 days return policyRead More
Cipladine Ointment contains Povidone-Iodine as an active ingredient. It is an antiseptic cream and kills a wide range of germs, including bacteria, fungus, and viruses. This cream is used to treat infected wounds, cuts, and ulcers. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please contact a doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Cipladine 5% Oint 125gm
Cipladine Ointment is used to treat infected wounds, cuts, and ulcers
Contraindications of Cipladine 5% Oint 125gm
- If you are allergic to iodine, polyvinyl pyrrolidone or any of the other ingredients present in this cream, stop using it on an immediate basis and consult your doctor.
- If you have thyroid problems such as goitre or Hashimoto's disease (a thyroid disease).
- If you are on Lithium therapy to treat any psychiatric illness.
- If your child is less than 2 years old.
Side effects of Cipladine 5% Oint 125gm
Rash, itching or burning sensation at the area Cipladine ointment is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Cipladine 5% Oint 125gm
Can I apply Cipladine Ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of Cipladine Ointment in pregnancy. It is not recommended to use this cream during pregnancy.
Can I apply Cipladine Ointment while breastfeeding?
It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this cream by a breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have applied Cipladine Ointment?
It is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Cipladine Ointment?
There is limited information available on interaction of this cream when applied, along with the consumption of alcohol. However, consuming alcohol might delay the healing and clearance of infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your skin is burnt or cracked because there are chances of absorption of iodine in toxic doses in your blood.
- You have a kidney problem
- Your urine test is due to diagnostic purpose for thyroid, or faeces (stool), as use of this medicine may affect the results.
- Cipladine Ointment should not be given to children below 2 years of age
Mode of Action of Cipladine 5% Oint 125gm
How Does It Work?
Cipladine Ointment contains Povidone-Iodine. It kills the microorganisms by the iodination of lipids present on the outer layer of the cell membrane, ultimately killing the microorganisms. It is effective against a wide range of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungus, and viruses.
Directions for Use of Cipladine 5% Oint 125gm
- Cipladine ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wash your hands before and after using this ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this ointment, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Cipladine 5% Oint 125gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since Cipladine Ointment is to be applied externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, it is advisable to consult your doctor in case you take other medicines to treat other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Cipladine 5% Oint 125gm
- Store Cipladine Ointment at room temperature and keep it away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Once opened, it should not be reused after a gap of a few months.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Cipladine 5% Oint 125gm
- As Cipladine Ointment is meant only for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
- If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess cream with a clean tissue or cotton.
- Excessive use of it for a prolonged duration is not advised. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound, contact your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of this ointment as prescribed, apply it as soon as you remember. Do not overapply it to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Cipladine for burns?
A: Yes, Cipladine ointment can be used to heal burns. However, it should be applied cautiously on burns as there are chances of absorption of iodine into the blood.
Q: Can Cipladine be used for boils?
A: Yes, Cipladine ointment can be used to treat boils.
Q: Can we use Cipladine for a newborn baby?
A: No, Cipladine should not be used for newborn babies.
Q: How does Cipladine work?
A: Cipladine ointment contains Povidone-Iodine. It kills the microorganisms by the iodination of lipids present on the outer layer of the cell membrane, ultimately killing the microorganisms. It is effective against a wide range of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungus, and viruses.
Q: For how many days should I use Cipladine?
A: Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for Cipladine. Do not stop applying this cream on your own. If there is no improvement in your infection or wound after 14 days of use, consult with your doctor.
Q: Cipladine vs Betadine, which is better medicine for cuts and wounds?
A: Cipladine and Betadine, both contains povidone-iodine as an active ingredient and are antiseptic creams used for cuts and wounds. As the active ingredient is the same in both the creams, you can use either of them. You should only use these creams if your doctor prescribes it as the same shall be based on your diagnosis and your medical history.
Last Updated on: 30 Oct 2020 | 05:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved