Xylocaine 5% Tube Of 50gm Ointment
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
50g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xylocaine 5 % Description
Xylocaine 5 % ointment, is a local anaesthetic to numb the specific areas of the body. The medication blocks the sensation of the neurons and is used for medical procedures such as catheterisation. C
ommon side effects include skin rash, inflammation, redness, itching, burning or stinging sensation. Store the medication in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture. Before starting the treatment, give a detailed account of your medical history and current medications.
|You Save||₹10.01 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Lidocaine / Lignocaine(5.0 %)|
|Side effects||pruritis, rash, redness, swelling, irritation of the skin, burning or stinging sensation|
Check more medicines with composition as Lidocaine / Lignocaine(5.0 %)
Uses of Xylocaine 5 %
- Local anesthetic
Contraindications of Xylocaine 5 %
- Allergy to this medication or any contents of this ointment
Side effects of Xylocaine 5 %
- Skin inflammation
- Burning or stinging sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Xylocaine 5 %
Can Xylocaine ointment be taken during pregnancy?
Xylocaine ointment can be used during pregnancy as no foetal effects have been shown.
Can we take Xylocaine ointment during breastfeeding?
Xylocaine ointment is safe to be used during the breastfeeding stage.
Can I drive if I have applied Xylocaine ointment?
Xylocaine ointment does not react with your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol after applying Xylocaine ointment?
There is a lack of data on using Xylocaine ointment and alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to this medication or its content
- You are using other prescription or non-prescription medication
Mode of Action of Xylocaine 5 %
How Does It Work?
Xylocaine ointment contains lignocaine which acts as an anaesthetic, and it works by blocking the sodium ion channel and preventing the conduction of pain impulses.
Directions for Use of Xylocaine 5 %
- Apply the medication in the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor
- Clean and dry the affected area before applying the ointment
- Apply the ointment in a thin layer to the affected area
- Wash your hands thoroughly after application of medication
- Do not cover the area after the application of the ointment
Interactions of Xylocaine 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of xylocaine ointment with class I antiarrhythmic drug can lead to additive toxic effects
- Concomitant administration of local anesthetics agents may also increase the effects of those agents
- Avoid using this cream with nitrites, antimalarials and anticonvulsants as it increases the risk of methemoglobinemia
Storage and disposal of Xylocaine 5 %
- Store below 30° C in a cool and dry place
- Keep the medication away from children and pets
- Keep the medication away from direct sunlight
- Safely discard the unused to expired medication
- Do not throw the ointment in household waste
Dosage of Xylocaine 5 %
Overdosing can result in skin irritation, skin itching and dryness; rinse the area with water.
Missed a Dose
If the dose is missed, the medication should be taken as soon as possible. Make sure you have the proper time interval between two doses. If the time interval is near the second dose, skip the previous dose and follow the regular schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to apply the Xylocaine ointment?
A: Xylocaine ointment can be applied by a medical professional before a procedure, or you can use it to treat the pain and inflammation.
Q: What are uses of Xylocaine ointment?
A: Except for procedures, it can also be used in haemorrhoids and anal fissures for preventing excess pain and inflammation in the affected area.
Q: How much does this Xylocaine ointment take to act?
A: Xylocaine ointment can show its effect in three to five minutes.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed