By JUGGAT PHARMA
10ml Suspension in Bottle
30 days return policyRead More
Cidazole Susp contains Albendazole which is used against worm infection.
Uses of Cidazole Susp
Contraindications of Cidazole Susp
- If you are allergic to Benzimidazole class of medicines like Mebendazole or any other components of the medicine
Side effects of Cidazole Susp
- Feeling dizzy
- Stomach pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Patchy hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Cidazole Susp
Can I take Cidazole Susp during pregnancy?
Albendazole must not be used during pregnancy; it has the potential to harm the unborn baby.
Can I take Cidazole Susp while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Albendazole passes into breast milk. Caution is advised when Albendazole is used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cidazole Susp?
You may feel dizzy after a dose of this medicine. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Cidazole Susp?
Drinking alcohol, along with this medicine, may increase the risk of liver problems. It is advised to limit the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are a young woman; it is essential to have a negative pregnancy test before starting this medication
- You have liver disease
- You are suffering from fits or seizures
- You experience bone marrow suppression or decrease in blood cell count
- You have a headache or fits immediately after starting the treatment
- You may experience damage on the retina
Mode of Action of Cidazole Susp
How Does It Work?
Albendazole disrupts the metabolism of parasitic worms and thus kills them by depriving them of glucose and energy.
Directions for Use of Cidazole Susp
- Read the instructions on the label before usage
- Shake well before use
Interactions of Cidazole Susp
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acidity (antacids) like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat fits or seizure (anti-seizure) like Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital
- Medicines used to treat worm infections (Praziquantel)
- Medicines used to suppress immune response (Dexamethasone)
- Medicines used to treat HIV/ AIDS (Ritonavir)
Interactions with food items
- Cidazole Susp should be taken with food.
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided as it may worsen the side effects of Albendazole.
Storage and disposal of Cidazole Susp
- Cidazole Susp should be kept in a dry place at a temperature below 30°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Cidazole Susp
- Symptoms of overdose include diarrhea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat
- If you think you had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before taking Cidazole Susp?
- Albendazole should not be used in pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy
- Women of childbearing age are advised to take this medicine during their first week of menstruation or after a negative pregnancy test
- Women should also take measures not to have a positive pregnancy test until one month after stopping this medication
Q: I suspect worm infections in my kid; can I start him on Cidazole Susp?
A: Albendazole should be used only under medical supervision. It can cause some severe side effects and you are advised not to self-medicate.
Last Updated on: 30 Jun 2020 | 06:32 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
OUR PAYMENT PARTNERS
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved