Cidaflox Syrup 30ml
Cidaflox 50 MG/5ML Description
Cidaflox Syrup is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is an antibiotic medicine contain
ing cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. Cidaflox Syrup should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomforts. Nausea, vomiting, headache and stomach pain are some of the common side effects of Cidaflox Syrup. Most of which are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, contact your doctor immediately. Before using Cidaflox Syrup, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, indigestion|
Uses of Cidaflox 50 MG/5ML
- Cidaflox Syrup is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia), skin infections, ear infections, infection of the sinuses, throat Infections, infection of the tonsils....
- It is also used to treat infection of the urinary tract, gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs) and other infection of genital organs in male and female.
Contraindications of Cidaflox 50 MG/5ML
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of Cidaflox Syrup.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cidaflox 50 MG/5ML
- Stomach pain
- Skin and vaginal fungal infection
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cidaflox 50 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking Cidaflox Syrup.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have a history of stomach and intestine disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-lactam antibacterial medicines.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of Cidaflox 50 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cidaflox 50 MG/5ML
- Cidaflox Syrup should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cidaflox 50 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cidaflox Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid), medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants) should be used with caution along with Cidaflox Syrup....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Cidaflox 50 MG/5ML
- Store Cidaflox Syrup in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cidaflox 50 MG/5ML
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea and vomiting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Cidaflox Syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Cidaflox Syrup be taken for flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take Cidaflox Syrup without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking Cidaflox Syrup before the prescribed duration?
Q: What is Cidaflox Syrup?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Cidaflox Syrup?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or are planning to have a baby.
- Cidaflox Syrup may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Ba. Cefpodoxime Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Vantin Tablets and Oral Suspension cefpodoxime proxetil tablets and cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]