Chlozep Tablet Description
Chlozep tablet is a prescription medication used for the treatment of patients with anxiety, alcohol withdrawal and schizophrenia. Chlozep tablet has two main ingredients, namely Chlordiazepoxide and
Trifluoperazine. It helps in maintaining the balance of certain chemicals in the brain. Chlozep Tablet has various side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, lightheadedness, nausea and constipation. It is only taken according to the doctor’s recommended dosage. Don’t discontinue the medicine on your own, as it can lead to certain side effects. Always talk to your doctor if you want to alter the dose or even stop it. Inform the doctor if you’re pregnant or planning a baby to know if you can continue the medicine.
|₹6.72 (14% on MRP)
|Trifluoperazine(1.0 Mg) + Chlordiazepoxide(10.0 Mg)
|Anxiety, Alcohol withdrawal, Schizophrenia
|Drowsiness, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Constipation
Uses of Chlozep Tablet
- Alcohol Withdrawal
Contraindications of Chlozep Tablet
Side effects of Chlozep Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Decreased sexual desire
Precautions and Warnings of Chlozep Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of kidney, respiratory, or liver disorders and epilepsy, blood disorders, glaucoma, muscle weakness, or any mental illness. Always report a complete medical history to the doctor.
- You should not give Chlozep tablet to children below 18 years of age. It is usually avoided in people above 65 years of age.
- You should avoid unnecessary exposure to the sun as Chlozep tends to make the skin sensitive to sunlight.
- You must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery as you can feel dizzy or drowsy after having Chlozep tablet. Chlozep tablet is known to interact with certain medications, and hence you should share proper medical history with the doctor....
Mode of Action of Chlozep Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Chlozep Tablet
- Chlozep Tablet should be taken according to the recommendation of a doctor. It is usually taken as a long term medicine every day.
- You can take it with or without food. Try to maintain a schedule and have the medicine at the same time every day.
- Swallow the tablet orally with a glass of water. The tablet should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Interactions of Chlozep Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Antifungals like fluconazole, ketoconazole
- Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, metronidazole
- Sleep medicine like alprazolam
- All these medicines can increase the risk of toxicity
- Aminophylline as it reduces the sedative effect of Chlozep
- Benzodiazepines like diazepam can increase the risk of depression and aggressive behaviour
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking grape juice while taking Chlozep Tablet
Storage and disposal of Chlozep Tablet
Dosage of Chlozep Tablet
- If you happen to take too many Chlozep Tablet, reach out to your doctor. Other than the common side effects, any severe changes like hypotension, respiratory depression and seizures should be reported to the doctor....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I follow a specific diet while taking Chlozep Tab?
Q: Is Chlozep Tablet habit forming?
- Chlozep tablet has a calming effect, and you might tend to develop dependency. Kindly take Chlozep according to the doctor's recommended dose and schedule.