Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml
By SHINCE PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml Description
Cevicim Dry Syp contains a medicine called Cefixime that belongs to the group of antibiotics called Cephalosporins.
|₹5.82 (14% on MRP)
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime
Uses of Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml
- It is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of ear
- Infection of nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis)
- Infection of urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections)
- Throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis)
- Infection of chest and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)
Contraindications of Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml
- You are allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of this medicine
Side effects of Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml
- Severe diarrhea
- Watery diarrhea with fever and weakness (Pseudomembranous colitis)
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Vaginal discharge
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Allergic reaction like rash, joint pain, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue (serious side effects)
- Fever, sore throat, bleeding gums
- Skin rash with a pink/ red ring and a pale center which may be itchy, scaly or filled with fluid (Erythema multiforme)
Precautions and Warnings of Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml
Can I take Cevicim Dry Syp during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on pregnant women is not studied.
- Cefixime should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Cevicim Dry Syp while breastfeeding?
- It is unknown whether Cefixime passes into human milk.
- It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine.
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cevicim Dry Syp?
This medicine can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits, if you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Cevicim Dry Syp?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have severe skin adverse reactions
- You are suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert)
- You are suffering from the condition called haemolytic anaemia (breakdown of red blood cells)
Mode of Action of Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml
How Does It Work?
Cefixime works by stopping the growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- For reconstitution: add boiled and then cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle
- Shake well and make up the volume to the given mark on the bottle
- Reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle
Interactions of Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you are taking Carbamazepine (medicine used to treat seizures)
- Medications used for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions of Cefixime when taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml
- Store below 25°C
- After reconstitution, store in refrigerator
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Cevicim Dry Syrup 30ml
If you have taken too much of this medicine, seek medical care immediately, as this medicine may damage your brain (Encephalopathy).
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as early as you remember.
- If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule.
- Do not take the double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Cefixime?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
Q: I was given this medicine for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
- No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, but some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway....
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Bubonic Plague Reported: Are We In Danger?
Bubonic plague, which became notorious during the 14th Century in Europe and swept through India from the 1890s to 1910s, is caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis. Contrary to popular belief, this plague isn’t caused by rat bites. The cause of bubonic plague is the bite of infected fleas. These fleas live in the hairs
Cherry Tomatoes: Unveiling the Nutritional Benefits and Culinary Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Cherry tomatoes are small and full of colour and flavour, they have gained popularity worldwide concerning culinary usage. They are said to be nutritious and provide potential health benefits. In this article, we will be discussing the history behind the use of cherry tomatoes, their potential benefits, the different varieties available, ,
Ashwagandha Benefits for Females: Enhancing Health with Research-Based Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha goes by many names, including Withania somnifera or “Indian ginseng.” This is an adaptogenic herb with a rich history in Ayurvedic medicine spanning over 3,000 years. Its fame has grown in recent times due to the numerous health benefits it offers, especially for women’s health. In this article, we delve into
Butterfly Pea Flower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Key Highlights: Introduction The butterfly pea flower is scientifically called Clitoria ternatea. Its blue colour is stunning. It promises potential health benefits. It can colour your mixed drinks. Even cosmetic enthusiasts find a use for it. It is said to contain a lot of antioxidants which are probably responsible for its vibrant colour. Studies also
Fenugreek for Hair Growth: Reviewed and Confirmed by Effective Studies
Key Highlights: Introduction Hair, being one of the essential aspects of an individual’s appearance, plays a significant role in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. Maintaining the health of our hair is crucial, but daily exposure to environmental stressors, unhealthy lifestyles, and genetic factors can often lead to various hair problems, including hair loss. There are
Can Ashwagandha Increase Height: An Evidence-Based Review
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an ancient medicinal herb that has been utilized in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its numerous potential health benefits. One question that often arises is whether Ashwagandha can help increase height. In this article, we will explore the potential role of Ashwagandha in height growth, as well
Zinc Rich Fruits: A Comprehensive Nutritional Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction In this article, we’ll first understand why zinc is so vital. From there, we’ll learn about the best food sources of this key nutrient. Lastly, we will describe the potential benefits of zinc how to avoid deficiency. Importance of Zinc in Our Diet Zinc is said to be key for many
Fruits to Avoid During Cough and Cold: A Comprehensive Guide for Improved Recovery
Key Highlights: Introduction Illnesses like coughs and colds can take a toll on our bodies, and it’s crucial to maintain a proper diet during this time. Eating the right foods not only supports the body’s natural healing process but also helps strengthen our immune system, ensuring a faster and more efficient recovery. In this comprehensive
Flaxseed for Hair Growth: Unveiling Its Research-Based Potential Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Flaxseed, a popular natural remedy praised for its nutritional value, has recently gained attention for its potential benefits in promoting hair growth and overall hair health. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, and protein, this small but mighty seed may be the key to unlocking luscious locks and a
PharmEasy Health Partner
Earn Extra Income – Become PharmEasy Health Partner. Why should you become PharmEasy Health Partner? Here are a few reasons to consider: This is the right thing to do if you have an entrepreneurial mind. Start your business with zero investment. Build your network of customers, place their orders, and start earning for every order
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.