Cetrine Syp 60ml
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetrine Syrup is an anti-allergic medication and is used to treat symptoms associated with allergies such as itching, sneezing, watery eyes, running nose, rashes, and pale red bumps. It contains cetirizine as an active ingredient. Take as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Cetrine Syrup should be used with caution in children and it is recommended to consult the doctor before using the medicine in pregnant and lactating women....
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cetrine Syp 60ml
Uses of Cetrine 5 MG
Cetrine Syrup is used to treat allergies like dust or pet allergies, sneezing, itchy, runny and blocked nose, red and watery eyes, swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin. insect bite and hives.
Contraindications of Cetrine 5 MG
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or any Piperazine derivatives or other ingredients of Cetrine Syrup.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of Cetrine 5 MG
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Cetrine 5 MG
Can I take Cetrine Syrup during pregnancy?
- Cetrine Syrup should be avoided by pregnant women.
- There are no adequate and well-controlled studies regarding the safety of the medicine in pregnant women.
- Hence it is better to avoid it in pregnancy unless specified by the physician.
- Consult the doctor for further advice.
Can I take Cetrine Syrup while breastfeeding?
Cetrine Syrup passes into breast milk; therefore, Avoid the medicine while breastfeeding unless the doctor has suggested you to do so.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cetrine Syrup?
Cetrine Syrup is known to cause sleepiness, hence driving or operating machines should be avoided while you are taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cetrine Syrup?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with Cetrine Syrup as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem.
- You have bladder problems; Cetrine Syrup may increase the risk of urinary retention.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
Mode of Action of Cetrine 5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Histamine is a substance produced in the body in case of allergies leading to itching, runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes.
- Cetrine Syrup works by blocking the histamine and hence decreases allergy symptoms.
Directions for Use of Cetrine 5 MG
- Take Cetrine Syrup as directed by the doctor.
- Read the instructions of the label before usage.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the quantity.
Interactions of Cetrine 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Cetrine Syrup works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines used to treat anxiety, to induce sleep, for mental health problems, muscle relaxants, to relieve pain (prescription analgesics/ painkillers.
Interactions with food items
The administration of the medicine with food does not affect the way the medicine works. Cetrine Syrup may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Cetrine 5 MG
- Store Cetrine Syrup at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cetrine 5 MG
- Overdose causes tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention.
Missed a Dose
- If you experience symptoms or think you have taken too much of Cetrine Syrup, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you missed the dose of Cetrine Syrup, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with a regular dosing schedule.
- Avoid double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precaution I need to take while on medication of Cetrine Syrup?
- Yes, Cetrine Syrup is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or activity like operating machinery after taking the medicine.
- If you develop a rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking the medicine, it may be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Does Cetrine Syrup cause addiction?
A: No, Cetrine Syrup is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, USP – Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Cetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.