Cephadex 500mg Capsule
By CIPLA GX
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cephadex 500mg capsule is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections such as infections of lungs, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin and pneumonia. It contains cephalexin as its active component that works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. The absence of cell walls leads to the death of bacteria and cure the infection. Do not use it if you are allergic to cephalexin or penicillin antibiotics. Cephadex 500mg capsule or any antibiotic medicine should only be used when prescribed, unwanted use of antibiotics can lead to antibiotic resistance and makes them inactive against infection in the future. You should always complete the course of Cephadex 500mg capsule as not doing so can lead to recurrence or relapse of the infection....
|You Save||₹47.40 (30% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cephalexin / Cefalexin(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, stomach discomfort, diarrhoea, vomiting, headche|
Check more medicines with composition as Cephalexin / Cefalexin(500.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cephadex 500mg Capsule
Uses of Cephadex 500 MG
Cephadex 500mg capsule is used to treat chest and lungs infection like bronchitis, pneumonia and treatment of infections of the skin and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Cephadex 500 MG
- If you are allergic to cephalexin or any other cephalosporin group of antibiotics like Ceftriaxone or Cefuroxime.
- If you have a severe infection, then it may require parenteral treatment with cephalexin.
Side effects of Cephadex 500 MG
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Cephadex 500 MG
Can I take Cephadex 500mg capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Cephadex 500mg capsule while breastfeeding?
- It passes into the breast milk in a very small amount. So caution should be exercised while giving this medicine to a nursing mother. If you are taking this medicine during breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in the newborn baby....
Can I drive if I have consumed Cephadex 500mg capsule?
It does not influence driving ability, but if you experience dizziness after taking this medicine, you should avoid the drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Cephadex 500mg capsule?
Alcohol consumption with this medicine can increase side effects like dizziness & nausea. So, it may be best to hold off on drinking alcohol until you have finished treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to this medicine or any other antibiotics like penicillin, as much caution is required in such patients.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as liver or kidney problems. Your doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You experience any allergic reaction like skin rashes, which may appear at the start of the treatment. The doctor may discontinue the medicine.
- Complete the course of the antibiotic even if you are feeling better after a few doses. Not completing the course of antibiotics can lead to resistance.
- If you get persistent diarrhoea, immediately inform your doctor.
- You find any other superinfection occurring during the treatment. The doctor should take appropriate measures. It may impair your blood test reports. So talk to your doctor before any lab tests.
Mode of Action of Cephadex 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Cephadex 500mg capsule fights a wide range of bacterial infections by killing the bacteria. It acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cephadex 500 MG
- Take Cephadex 500mg capsule as prescribed by your doctor and follow the prescribed dosage duration.
- It should be taken orally with or after food.
Interactions of Cephadex 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Cephadex 500mg capsule may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines and herbal preparations....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout such as probenecid, antibiotics such as streptomycin, gentamycin, water pills such as furosemide, anti-diabetic medicines like metformin, etc.
Storage and disposal of Cephadex 500 MG
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cephadex 500 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or blood in the urine. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics, as it may lead to treatment failure. However, if you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Cephadex 500mg capsule?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your physician if you have any liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
Q: Can this medicine affect my blood test values?
A: Yes, this medicine may affect your blood result values. Talk to your doctor if you are taking this medicine before doing any blood test.
Q: Is Cephadex 500mg capsule safe to use?
A: Yes, Cephadex 500mg capsule is safe to use when taken under medical supervision. However, in some patients, it may show allergic reactions. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to Cephalexin.
Q: Can I stop taking Cephadex 500mg capsule on my own?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine on your own as this may lead to antibiotic resistance and treatment failure. Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.