Cefoprox 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Cefoprox 200 MG Description
Cefoprox Tablet contains cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic medicine. Cefoprox Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, lungs, ur
inary tract, stomach and reproductive tract. Cefpodoxime inhibits the formation of the cell wall and kill the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. Always complete the course of the treatment, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you have before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹38.20 (20% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache|
Uses of Cefoprox 200 MG
Contraindications of Cefoprox 200 MG
- If you are allergic to cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of Cefoprox Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergy (hypersensitivity) reaction to penicillin or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cefoprox 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Fungal infection
- Feeling tired
Precautions and Warnings of Cefoprox 200 MG
- There is limited information about the effect of Cefoprox Tablet on breastfeeding. It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby...
Other General Warnings
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called cephalosporins or penicillins.
- You are on any other antibiotics
- You have any kidney disorders.
- You have a history of gastrointestinal disease.
Mode of Action of Cefoprox 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cefoprox 200 MG
Interactions of Cefoprox 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefoprox Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Cefoprox 200 MG
- Store Cefoprox Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pet.
Dosage of Cefoprox 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have flu and running nose, can I take Cefoprox Tablet?
- No, you should not self-medicate yourself with Cefoprox Tablet
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential
- This medication is not for viral infections, and generally, flu occurs due to viruses
Q: Can I stop taking Cefoprox Tablet before the prescribed duration?
Q: Is Cefoprox Tablet safe and effective?
Other Products from this Brand
- CEFOPROX 100MG TANGY ORANGE DRY SYRUP 30ML
- CEFOPROX 50MG TANGY ORANGE FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- CEFOPROX 100MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- CEFOPROX DT 100MG TABLET
- CEFOPROX CV MANGO FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- CEFOPROX 100MG DT ORANGE FLAVOUR STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- CEFOPROX 50MG BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- CEFOPROX CV BOTTLE OF 30ML DRY SYRUP
- CEFOPROX CV 50/31.25MG DRY SYRUP 30ML