Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
30 days return policyRead More
Cefpodoxime belongs to a group of antibiotics called Cephalosporins.
Uses of Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml
- Respiratory tract infections
- Skin infections
- Ear infections
- Infection of the sinuses
- Throat Infections
- Infection of the tonsils
- Infection of urinary tract
- Gonorrhoea (sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs)
- Other infection of genital organs in male and female
Contraindications of Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergy (hypersensitivity) reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic
Side effects of Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Mild diarrhea
- Skin and vaginal fungal infection
- Feeling tired
Precautions and Warnings of Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml
Can I take Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known, consult your doctor if you are pregnant.
Can I take Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into human milk in low quantities. However this medicine can be used during breastfeeding. In case of diarrhea or mucosal fungal infection in the breastfed baby, consult your doctor for further information.read less
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml?
This medicine can cause dizziness and may affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea
- You have had allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins
- You are using any Beta-Lactam antibacterial agents
- You have any kidney disorders
- You have a history of gastrointestinal disease
Mode of Action of Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml
How Does It Work?
It controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- For reconstitution: add boiled and then cool water, slightly below the mark on the bottle
- Shake well and ensure that the volume is equal to the given mark on the bottle
- Reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle
Interactions of Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants)
Interactions with food items
Food increases the absorption of this medicine; hence, it is advisable to take it with or after a meal.
Storage and disposal of Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml
- Store below 25°C
- After reconstitution, store in refrigerator
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken too much of this medicine.
- Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, diarrhea, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable not to miss any doses of antibiotic. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for next dose, skip the missed dose and follow regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have flu and running nose, can I take Cefoprox 100mg Tangy Orange Dry Syp 30ml?
- No, this medication is not to be taken by yourself
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential
- This medication is not for viral infections, and generally, flu occurs due to viruses
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment even if you feel better. Though you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection to return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections, which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 30 Jun 2020 | 06:33 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
OUR PAYMENT PARTNERS
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved