Cefolac Xl 200mg Tablet
Cefolac Xl 200mg Tablet Description
Cefolac XL 200 mg tablet contains a combination of Cefixime and Cloxacillin, both belong to a group of medicines called antibiotics. It is used in adults for the treatment of upper and lower respirat
ory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections. Cefolac XL 200 mg tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken on an empty stomach. Complete the entire course of medicine and do not consume these tablets more than that prescribed as it may cause some serious effects. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Cefolac XL 200 mg tablet.
|You Save||₹32.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cloxacillin(500.0 Mg) + Cefixime(200.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Upper & lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, indigestion|
Uses of Cefolac Xl 200mg Tablet
Contraindications of Cefolac Xl 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefixime, Cloxacillin or any other ingredients of Cefolac XL 200 mg tablet.
- If you are allergic to a similar class of antibiotics called cephalosporins or penicillins.
Side effects of Cefolac Xl 200mg Tablet
- Indigestion, gas
Precautions and Warnings of Cefolac Xl 200mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys
- You are suffering from any blood disorder or heart disease
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Cefolac XL 200 mg tablet, immediately contact your doctor.
- You develop an infection or superinfection while on treatment with Cefolac XL 200 mg tablet.
- You are suffering from a brain disease called encephalopathy (symptoms include fits, confusion, unconsciousness, altered attention).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (the breakdown of red blood cells).
- Your doctor will regularly monitor your liver, kidney and other functions if you are prescribed this tablet for long-term treatment.
- Cefolac XL 200 mg tablet is meant for use only in adults, it should not be used in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Cefolac Xl 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cefolac Xl 200mg Tablet
Interactions of Cefolac Xl 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefolac XL 200 mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures), oral contraceptive pills, Probenecid (used to treat gout).
- Concomitant use along with medicines that alter or weaken your immune system such as methotrexate, prednisone, methylprednisolone, dexamethasone should be avoided.
- Concomitant use of Cefolac XL 200 mg tablet along with blood thinners like warfarin, may cause an increased risk of bleeding. Thus, should be used with caution.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Cefolac Xl 200mg Tablet
- Cefolac XL 200 mg tablets should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep the tablets out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.