Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefolac O 200mg Tablet Description
Cefolac-O-200 Tablet contains a combination of Cefixime and Ofloxacin. It is an antibiotic belonging to the cephalosporin and fluoroquinolone class of medicine respectively. It works by inhibiting th
e growth of the causative organisms. Take this medicine in the correct prescribed dose and for the exact prescribed duration and never miss or skip a dose. Inform your doctor if you have any medical condition and you are currently on any medication. You may experience a dry mouth, headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, weakness and stomach pain. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor.
|You Save||₹28.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, headache, photosensitivity|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg)
13 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
- Cefix O TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 220.00₹ 88.0046.08% CHEAPER₹ 8.8/Tablet
- Nicef O TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 237.00₹ 94.8041.91% CHEAPER₹ 9.48/Tablet
- Ofla Plus Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Khandelwal Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 116.43₹ 116.4328.68% CHEAPER₹ 11.64/Tablet
- Taxim Of TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 166.00₹ 129.4820.65% CHEAPER₹ 12.95/Tablet
- Co2 TabletBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 168.00₹ 142.8012.5% CHEAPER₹ 14.28/Tablet
- Zanocin Plus TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 170.00₹ 144.5011.46% CHEAPER₹ 14.45/Tablet
- Zenflox Plus 200mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 148.50₹ 126.2222.67% CHEAPER₹ 12.62/Tablet
- Ceftas O TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 173.00₹ 122.8324.75% CHEAPER₹ 12.28/Tablet
- Mahacef Plus 200mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.90₹ 135.9116.73% CHEAPER₹ 13.59/Tablet
- Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 167.00₹ 141.9513.05% CHEAPER₹ 14.20/Tablet
Uses of Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
Cefolac-O-200 Tablet is used for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections.
Contraindications of Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefixime, Ofloxacin, Cephalosporins like Cefuroxime, Fluoroquinolones like Ciprofloxacin or any of the ingredients of Cefolac-O-200 Tablet.
- If you have a history of fits or any brain-related disorders.
- If you have a history of tendon disorders.
- This medicine should not be given to children or growing adolescents as it may interfere with their growth.
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity).
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
- Allergic reactions involving joint pain, rashes, swelling of the face, difficulty in breathing and other skin problems.
- Bleeding and formation of fluid bumps around lips, mouth, nose and genitals.
- Stomach problems like nausea, vomiting, loose stools and stomach pain.
- Headache, dizziness, an abnormal sensation in the ears and sleep disturbances.
- Cold, a runny nose and sneezing.
- Irritation in the eyes and blurred vision.
Precautions and Warnings of Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
Can I take the Cefolac-O-200 Tablet during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take this medicine during pregnancy. Do not take Cefolac-O-200 Tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take the Cefolac-O-200 Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advisable to breastfeed when you are taking Cefolac-O-200 Tablet as a component of this medicine passes into breast milk and can be harmful to your baby's joint growth.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Cefolac-O-200 Tablet?
Cefolac-O-200 Tablet may make you feel confused, stiff, less alert and can cause unusual muscle movements. Thus, it is advisable not to drive until you know how this medicine affects your body.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefolac-O-200 Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Cefolac-O-200 Tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation).
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking this medicine.
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis.
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency).
- You have problems related to the liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting.
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of the tissue that connects muscles to bone) after taking antibiotics or myasthenia gravis.
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental disorders (Psychosis).
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts.
- You experience suicidal thoughts.
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, low potassium levels or have had heart disease.
- You are a diabetic, taking medicines, then caution is needed as this medicine can cause low blood sugar. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed.
- You are experiencing vision disturbances.
Mode of Action of Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cefolac-O-200 Tablet works by causing the death of the infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
- Cefolac-O-200 Tablet should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Complete the course of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Cefolac-O-200 Tablet should be taken at least two hours before taking any acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine.
- The risk of getting fits increase if you are taking medicines to treat asthma-like theophylline, to reduce inflammation (Ibuprofen).
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines that can alter your heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, antidepressants like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin....
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking any medicines for diabetes like Glibenclamide.
- This medicine interferes with the working of blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You may experience tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cefolac O 200mg Tablet
- Excess of Cefolac-O-200 Tablet can cause confusion, dizziness, altered consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeats, nausea and confusion.
- In the case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of therapy.
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Cefolac-O-200 Tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of this medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccurring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: If there are any cautions needed when taking the Cefolac-O-200 Tablet?
A: When on treatment, be careful and do not unnecessarily expose yourself to the sunrays. It can result in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed to too much sun for the next 48 hours.
Q: Can the use of Cefolac-O-200 cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Cefolac-O-200 Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both the good and bad bacteria, when the good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q: Can I stop taking the Cefolac-O-200 Tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking the Cefolac-O-200 before the prescribed duration. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. You should complete the full course of treatment else there are chances of recurrence of infection.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed